Hoverfly Hoverfly Pro Setup Tweaking Help Y6

jbdww

Hello everyone,
Today I maden my Y6 frame. The first flight did not go so well since I had the gain at 40, but it was 25 in my transmitter. I am now around 15 on the gains. It is almost good, but had a couple of question.

I am assuming this first issue is becuase I am using the same size props for both CW and CCW, but when I yaw to the right and then center the stick, the machine keeps yawing for another 10 deg, and if I punch out, it will yaw.

The next issue is that when I enable Autoleveling, the machine will lean forward and left a little causing the machine to fly away, so I have to hold the stick back, right to keep it level.

Then the third issue is when I enable Altitude hold, I have no more control over altitude.

Setup. F550 converted to Y6, 4s 4400 mAh batteries, RCTimer SimonK firmware ESC, DJI motors, DJI 8" props.

What are you guys using for props on a 4S setup in the Y6 config?

Thank You

kenuck

I had similar issues with Autoleveling but with a quad on my F450

Make sure you read this: https://hoverflytech.zendesk.com/entries/21202158-auto-level-setup-for-hoverflypro
The next part is to adjust your trims so that AL doesn't fly away.

I found this post on this forum but can't remember the link. After following the steps, both manual and AL stay put and don't drift.

When you power up the HFP and the radio is on, the HFP simply reads the current positions of the sticks on the transmitter, including the trim, and uses this as center. You must keep the trims set each flight where they were previously, once you get them dialed in.Procedure...
1. Zero out all trims.
2. Power up and take off.
3. Switch to AL.
4. Trim to take out any drift. LEAVE TRIM SETTING HERE!
5. Land while in AL mode.
6. Disarm.
7. Power off.
8. Switch off AL on transmitter.
9. LEAVE TRIMS ALONE. LEAVE THEM WHERE THEY WERE SET PREVIOUSLY. THEY MUST ALWAYS BE HERE FOR THIS BUILD.
10. Power on the Multi with the HFP.

The HFP reads the trim positions and assumes that this is for level flight. When you switch on the AL, the trims you previously dialed in will be already there and your quad will fly fine.
Hope this helps.

jbdww

Thank you Kenuck. My Autolevel now works. We had zero wind, so tuning was much easier.
I also incressed the gain, which helped out.
Now I just need to figure out the Altitude Hold. Shouldn't you be able to adjust the altitude in Altitude hold?

kenuck

Good to hear.
No on the AH, I don't think it operates the same as the DJI Naza. Once you switch to AH, your stuck there and it won't respond to throttle. Warning ... I switched mine to AH and then moved my throttle down and didn't bring it back before switching AH off. The copter dropped at a very fast rate, had to do a quick recovery. <= might want to play with your throttle curve a bit to prevent this from happening.

note: I'm still very new to HFP so I could be all wrong!

cheers
ken

dzwiss

Altitude Hold is controllable on the HFP. Activate Altitude Hold by using the switch you programmed on your radio to use it. The throttle stick should be centered to maintain altitude. You change altitude by moving the throttle stick up to gain altitude or move the throttle stick down to decrease altitude. The rate of each is controlled by the travel of the throttle stick. Always center the throttle (or where your throttle usually is in a manual hover) before switching off Altitude Hold.

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I think they are working on changing the AH so that it is more passive and always on. right now you flip a switch and it locks alt. I am hoping they change it so that AH is always on and it more or less tries to assist in smoothing altitude but always responds to stick input past a certain range. kinda like how DJI does it.

Are you using the latest firmware? My heli did some of this too until I switched to the latest firmwares. Make sure calibrations are done and all your switches operate normally by looking at the check boxes in the assistant software.

jcmonty

I think they are working on changing the AH so that it is more passive and always on. right now you flip a switch and it locks alt. I am hoping they change it so that AH is always on and it more or less tries to assist in smoothing altitude but always responds to stick input past a certain range. kinda like how DJI does it.

Are you using the latest firmware? My heli did some of this too until I switched to the latest firmwares. Make sure calibrations are done and all your switches operate normally by looking at the check boxes in the assistant software.

I find that in manual and AL I can hold an altitude pretty easily with just finding my hover spot . The HF does a good job to not "hunt" around the neutral point. AH is ok, but I haven't used or tuned it much. It's a bit jumpy when compared to AL or manual.