Urban Drones Vendor

02deuce

Time Warped
Has anyone had problems with the vendor Urban Drones out of Florida? I've recently purchase and paid for parts from them. Other than a order confirmation i have not hear a word from them. I have made multiple request for shipping status with no response.

02deuce

Time Warped
are you part of the group over at fpvlabs complaining about this?

Nope just a frustrated consumer who has ordered parts for his first FPV built and cannot get an update from this vendor as to the shipping status.

02deuce

Time Warped
Corrected, I guess I am part of that group (of two). I thought that was Urban Drones Forum as it is a link that is at the bottom of there store front web site. I guess another customer who purchase last week is having the same problem.
I'm just trying to find out if I'm being scammed by them or what. Its really frustrating because the part is my video transmitter and its the last component of my Disco built.
Kloner do you know anything about them?

kloner

Aerial DP
I bought a few things from em, got there sticker sitting here on my desk so it wasn't too long ago and i'm used to ship the next day, get it in three days so yea, i'd be concerned too. I don't remember having any problems

Have you tried calling them?

02deuce

Time Warped
I bought a few things from em, got there sticker sitting here on my desk so it wasn't too long ago and i'm used to ship the next day, get it in three days so yea, i'd be concerned too. I don't remember having any problems

Have you tried calling them?
They dont list a contact phone number. I even did a Google search using their physical address, but came up with nothing.

02deuce

Time Warped
Made the call, but all I got was an answering machine, Damm I so want a retail business were all I do is take orders and never have to talk to customers. I guess I've been spoiled by Heli vendors they all have listed phone numbers with tech support and customer service. Very frustrating to say the least.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I've bought from them before and not had a problem, but they aren't the #1 vendor I go to for FPV gear so I don't do much business there.

Compared to large heli companies like Align the multirotor manufacturer/reseller business is a drop in the bucket with perhaps the exception being DJI who want to be the Align of multirotors. I think as more and more people either move from helis into multis or start with multis then you'll start to see the low end vendors get squeezed out and the more consumer friendly shops will do better with reasonable support and service (I hope!)

Ken

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I've bought from them before and not had a problem, but they aren't the #1 vendor I go to for FPV gear so I don't do much business there.

Compared to large heli companies like Align the multirotor manufacturer/reseller business is a drop in the bucket with perhaps the exception being DJI who want to be the Align of multirotors. I think as more and more people either move from helis into multis or start with multis then you'll start to see the low end vendors get squeezed out and the more consumer friendly shops will do better with reasonable support and service (I hope!)

Ken

who is your first choice for FPV gear?

kloner

Aerial DP
o2, readymade provides the best service your gonna find. if there out, hobby wireless carries the same stuff but not so much service orientated. Even ready made takes a day or two between inquiries on tickets, but your stuff ships fast

02deuce

Time Warped
I so prefer to buy from one vendor to save on shipping cost and the easy of purchasing. Readymade was my first choice but they were out of stock on 50% of the items I was looking for.
So far I've been very disappointed with a lot of the Multirotor vendors, slow shipping lack of follow up exorbitant shipping fee's. RTRyder is spot on "as more and more people either move from helis into multis or start with multis then you'll start to see the low end vendors get squeezed out and the more consumer friendly shops will do better with reasonable support and service".
Ready Heli, Heli Direct, Grand RC have put a lot of small shops out of business because they cater to the customer. I still cant figure out how I can order from ReadyHeli in Florida on a Sat by 12 noon and its in my mail box (Texas) Monday 10:00 am??? And the shipping is free on orders over $100.

kloner

Aerial DP
for parts like dji and that, order from lou at gothelirc.com.... hes fast and what you expect. Same with wireless hobby