Tornado pro series x4/x8

Simiban

Flying-copter.com
Hi @ll

Flying-copter.com is pleased to introduce new (almost :)) multi-rotor structure.

The TORNADO PRO SERIES has been developed for areal shooting at low altitude.
Everything in the TORNADO PRO SERIES is optimized for best results and reduced weight that will allow our models to obtain flight clearances required for any profetional work.
Each carbon element is isolated from direct contact with another to avoïd vibration propagation.
Our arms are foldable without any tools. The arms mount system allows an easy positioning for flight, transport or storage. To secure the unfolded position, a very simple and light weight system prevent any movement of the arm once in flight position.
The engine mounts are integrated in the structure of a single piece, from the machining. This is to prevent mechanical element added and screwed with all that vibration may cause.
Storage and transport of multi-rotors is always problematic. Flying-copter.com finally is pleased to offer a range of products that are extremely easy to transport. With a ratio 1:2 between their unfolde:folded positions, our TORNADO PRO SERIES will allow you to carry where want your multi-rotor with minimum bulk size.

Being ourselves passionate users of multi-rotors, we try to avoid some disadvantage often encountered. For the deployement of our multi-rotors no tools are required to fold/unfold arms. No screws to remove, what kills the risk of loosing a screew out there... Our system are robust and very reliable. All Made in France with European materials. No cheap fake low cost component are used. Only some ISO factorys.

The result of several month of work :)

tornado-4-small.jpg

tornado-open.jpg

tornado-folded.jpg

tornado-case.jpg

And here the case fully packed with necessary stuff. 2 Propps are un mounted, to gain some place.

case-full-zoom-small.jpg

Hope you will enjoy !

Regards

laurent

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Very nice and interesting Design ! Any plans ever to use a different material than carbon ? Makrolon or Lexan ? for example.

Thanks

Boris

Simiban

Flying-copter.com
Makrolon is very heavy if I'm right, what could be a problem. And Lexan is even worth tha carbone for vibrations and weight, so I never thought about it. But why if I can ask ?
I don't like carbone so much, it's bad for vibrations, but until today I don't found any better solution. I'm looking for a mix carbone/kevlar. To reduce the transmition from the vibrations, but it will be heavyer. And the more weight, the less time in the sky :)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
My thoughts were just this is already a great fast to deployed FPV setup for example. Now Carbon is always a little bit of a downer when it comes to FPV setups and the whole VTX placing etc.

Ill check out your page looks tempting to have one in the collection :)

Thanks

Boris

Simiban

Flying-copter.com
I just did a QAV500 tuning for a customer of mine. He ask me to cut an exemplar in G10, and another one in carbone. Because of this FPV setup problem.
I'm not sure that make a big difference, but that's only a point of view :) But once is sure, G10 is arround 40% heavyer than carbone, for equivalent thickness.
That's why I use carbone, the weight...Even if it vibrate, G10 vibrate even worth I think. For the cost point I agree with you, G10 is way cheaper. But that's the only point were G10 has an advantage :)
Just sharing my point of view, no absolut truth here :)

kloner

Aerial DP
you know what would be sweet since it has the folding arms is g-10 arms with pcb on em for the motor to esc...... inegrate as much as you can and it'd still be cheaper to build than the cf......

Simiban

Flying-copter.com

I just always try to motivate to finally get a complete transparent makrolon bird

That remember me the time I realy whanted a makrolon computer case. Once I got it, and mount all the stuff inside, it was looking horrible. Wire everywhere, no way to hide anything properly...Just a good idea, but not usable IRL :)
With a full makrolon frame it could very quick end as a not so good looking machine :)
I like to hide the most AWG jungle out of sight :)
But every taste are welcome :)
If you whant one in makrolon, nothing is impossible, I could cut one 'special edition' ;)

Simiban

Flying-copter.com
you know what would be sweet since it has the folding arms is g-10 arms with pcb on em for the motor to esc...... inegrate as much as you can and it'd still be cheaper to build than the cf......
I'm thinking about such a solution more and more every day ... :)
Maybe I should have a look to find a manufacturer who can do that. Never had a look until now...

Simiban

Flying-copter.com
No video at this time in x8 configuration.
Will make some ASAP.
I have odered some new motors (but only 5 pieces ) to test them. If theyre good, i will probably order some more tou build it in X8 for video purpose. ;)

kloner

Aerial DP
super common now..... I fly tbs disco and it has everything in pcb, makes a cleaner rf rig,,,,,, i like your design, idea, but them wires on the arms are to me, a deal breaker...... just looks like a great place to fail. you could do something where bullets solder to pads at the motor end, then pcb all the way to the other side with pads to solder to,,,,,, little perfect length wire in there to esc and away you go

i was getting ready to do something with pcb and a frame not too long ago, when you search pcb g-10 all kinds of options pop up

Simiban

Flying-copter.com
Sorry for my bad english, but what does 'pop up' meens in your sentence ? :)
That if I'm realy interested in all kind of PCB-G10, your the man to contact ? :)
If yes, I do popup you :)