SeaWolf camear osd settings

Tomstoy2

Just got my [h=1]690TVL Ultra WDR Pixim SEAWOLF HD CCTV Mini Camera 2.8mm Lens OSD[/h]
What settings work good as a starting point?

kloner

Aerial DP
don't touch em, it is set perfect out of the box, if it looks like crap reset to the default settings......

Tomstoy2

Hey, Kloner. At 91 grams, this thing is a bit heavy. What I'm thinking of is to remove the bottom plate, which is metal, pop out that pivot center piece, and trim the upper pivot plate a bit and bolt it onto the Hexa.
Have you done anything like this to any of your rigs, or are you just living with the weight?

kloner

Aerial DP
I use the board cam inside that...i was trying to get you a case if i linked you to it...... you can pull it out completely and do this to save weight

DSC00150%20%281024x680%29_595.jpg

Tomstoy2

Might have to go that route, but I kind of like the protection of the case itself.

Think I'll try my idea first, see if I can slim her down some.

Tomstoy2

Seems that the camera pin out is different than my rmrc camera was, possibly Immerson?
Anyway, as I see it, if I cut the plugs off the supplied cable from the camera, all I need is power, ground and video, ( yellow ) to hook up to my receiver, splicing them into the cable connector from my tx, right?

kloner

Aerial DP
probably is, theres no standard... need a picture of the back of the board cam to see the wires there?

just the three wires

Tomstoy2

I'm sure I'm right. Just a little confused about one thing.
When I cut the BCA connector off the camera supplyed cable I expect to find it shielded. Don't know if I should connect the shield up to aanything other than the camera itself?
I know the shield should only be connected to one end only but don't know if it was terminated at the camera or not. If not, then where are you terminating it at? The frame of the vtx?

kloner

Aerial DP
gimme a picture. that's usually a ground,,,, both ends but i didn't use that cable.

Attachments

• 002 (1024x768).jpg
    002 (1024x768).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 116

Tomstoy2

Will do, buddy, but I'm at work now so it will be tomorrow.

Just going of my sorry gin soaked memory now, and I haven't actually cut the BCA female end off yet, but as I remember it there are only 4 or 5 wires on the connector at the camera. Red positive, black negative, yellow video, gray audio, many another for second audio, ( just don't remember, could have been just 4 wires ). I saw nothing looking like a shielded jacket for the video at this connector.

At the BCA female connector, the one I propose to cut and splice into, there should be the yellow video cable going to the center female pin and a stranded shield that goes to the outer metal housing of the connector surrounding the pin.
It's that shield that I'm talking of connecting to the vtx housing.

You don't normally terminate a shield at both ends or it just turns into an antenna. By leaving one end open it draws noise away.

I could even just connect it to the cf frame and do the same thing.

On a machine you hook up a transformer to a + and - terminal strip and the shields for control circuits to earth ground.

Pretty sure this is the same principle, but as I inferred to I have 'damaged' a few brain cells by accidental injestion of large quantities of alcohol once or twice.

kloner

Aerial DP
haha, i don't use shielded anything in there. my runs are always short and if anything, i use twisted wire on everything.... zeph, this, telink, everything