Smooth pan tx settings

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Doing a perfect 360 pan is not easy. Even with a dual operator heli it takes calm nerves and calm wind. I've tried clicking the trim tabs over 5-10 clicks and I get a really nice pan but it feels dangerous having it locked where I left it if anything were to need immediate attention. Is there a way to set a switch, like the D/R, to adjust the rudder a certain distance? I'm on a JR 9503.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Doing a perfect 360 pan is not easy. Even with a dual operator heli it takes calm nerves and calm wind. I've tried clicking the trim tabs over 5-10 clicks and I get a really nice pan but it feels dangerous having it locked where I left it if anything were to need immediate attention. Is there a way to set a switch, like the D/R, to adjust the rudder a certain distance? I'm on a JR 9503.

You should be able to do it using a programmable mix in the TX settings. Pick a channel that has a switch assigned or assign one to a switch (doesn't have to be an actual channel on the RX, at least not in the world of JR/Spektrum) and mix it to the rudder channel so that it gives the desired trim offset when turned on. How much that will be and how to do it depends on the radio and takes a certain amount of trial and error to get it to do exactly what you want, all part of the fun of "tuning" an APV multirotor!

Ken

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Sweet! thanks. I think this would be an invaluable tool to have. It's pretty tricky to manually do a steady pan that is a consistent speed. I try to count to 5 for every 90 deg i turn as that is a decent speed to prevent jitter.