RedBull STRATOS....Live Feed: English and German

kloner

Aerial DP
this guys got balls of steel..... Breaking the speed of sound in a suit is sweet!

it says on hold and has two different times, whats that? weather looks like its windy up there. all clear like that

jforkner

Looks like one's the next update time; the other's the earliest launch time---9:30am here on the left coast.

Jack

ChrisViperM

this guys got balls of steel..... Breaking the speed of sound in a suit is sweet!

it says on hold and has two different times, whats that? weather looks like its windy up there. all clear like that

Since this guy is from Austria...one time is German Time, the other time is local time in Rosewell.....They have clear weather but little wind in 200 m altitude, that's a crucial hight for the launch.

Chris

ChrisViperM

There is a little portrait about Felix Baumgartner......:

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

here is a little update for those who cant watch it. pretty amazing. just past 30k feet. climb rate @1100 feet minute.

View attachment 7025

Attachments

• 26k downlink.jpg
    26k downlink.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 264

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
ah okay, was wondering how big this is in the states guess less of a hype than here in austria. We need this stuff to overcome out complex of being unimportant in the world :) and if than only with a ugly past, The so called Alps complex :)

They just mentioned that the installed cams on the capsules are reds :)

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hahah the poor mother of the felix guy. they just showed her she must be dying iof fear ! Although she probably experienced enough with him already :)

hjls3

passing the armstrong line at 63k feet. at this altitude without pressurization felix blood would boil. yikes. i am glued to the monitor much like when the Shuttle would launch or land. Going to miss that, but stoked there are programs like this keeping the journeys into space alive. i am not quite old enough but i can imagine what it was like to watch alan sheppard or any of those pioneering astronauts do their thing. balls of steel!!!!! quite jealous of the video downlink too.

ChrisViperM

I still remember watching Apollo 11 (first landing on the moon) as a little kid on a small black-white Tv....still exiting to witness something like this.

Did anyone notice the monster cameras on the ground which are guided with the help of huge helix antennas.....kloner would be jealous

Chris