AR6200 Pre set fails safe as wellas smart? DJI Naza F450

Curb

Hi there - trying to setup my Naza to go into failsafe with a DX6i and Ar6200 but failing. Can anyone tell me if this is possible with this Tx/Rx or should I upgrade?
Setting up radio is not my strong point. Ive got the gear switch alternating between A and M - but can only get the throttle hold switch to go into manual failsafe when in M mode, in A mode it doesn't and if I switch the Tx off the Naza failsafe doesn't trigger - anybody using a Dx6i / Ar6200 successfully with their Naza?

Curb

Just looked at a GPS and cost of a new receiver - would buying the GPS mean that no preset failsafe would be required because the GPS would fully take over for loss of Tx signal - cheers.

kloner

Aerial DP
the 7000-7010 and up have the multi channel failsafe settings,,,,,,, 6200 is throttle only

the gps is enabled by that 7000 or higher receiver showing naza it's lost signal with you.... it'd just be more money leaving you behind without the right receiver. if your on the cheap, check this one

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=26125

i flew it and it wasn't bad,,,, the sbus part didn't work, it has throttle on ch1 and an sbus connection expects that on ch3 but it set failsafe and it worked fine

DesJardins

My vote is if you're sticking with Spektrum and want a best scenario get at least the DSMx AR7010 or switch to Futaba and go UHF if you plan on going 1-mile and there after. I will probably have to change to Futaba pretty quick after this weekend more than likely as I'm going for a 1/2 mile first on flight #4 and will see if my RTH failsafe kicks in or not.

Many claim to get a mile on Spektrum, many also claim at the 2200-2700 foot range failsafe kicked in
:Shrug: we'll see