RC Shutter for Sony CX730, CX760 and other compatible sony camcorders

RCShutter

Founder of RCshutter
Smallest, simple use, lightweight.
Dont need any cable connection to camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

E-Copter

Hi,

very interresting device !

Will you also propose the wired version ( Lan C version), like the Mikroktoper version ? That would be awesome !

Thansk a lot,

Fabien

RCShutter

Founder of RCshutter
Hi meme,
Thanks for your support.
Are u from italy?
If yes you bought rcshutter for nex series. Do you want this or you want rcshutter for sony camdorders? If you want for sony camcorders you bought wrong item.

meme

Yes, i am the Guy from # 63 :)
I own both, Nex and CX, for now i will test your product on the Nex.

Best,

meme

Hi meme,
Thanks for your support.
Are u from italy?
If yes you bought rcshutter for nex series. Do you want this or you want rcshutter for sony camdorders? If you want for sony camcorders you bought wrong item.

RCShutter

Founder of RCshutter
Ok :)
I am preparing your package. Today or tomorow morning will sent to you.
I think you will receive next week.
Thanks again

snurre

Quite often the talk is about what camera can provide the crispest image, manual image adjustments and highest output bitstream rate.
While this certainly is relevant it is not always top priority. I guess a lot of the stuff we produce will be post processed and compressed severely before it reaches the audience. Often the final video will be distributed using no full HD and very hard compression ratio. In these cases I find it more relevant how the camera copes with practical field AP usage, and what level of image stabilization it can provide.

This short VW commercial may serve as an example. We shot it a couple of weeks ago using a Sony CX 740VE, full auto, full HD 50P.
The production company really loved to have the zoom feature available. The raw footage was good, I reckon in the instances they did any post stabilization at all, it was minor.

The copter is a CarbonCore octo 1000 with Mega Radius 3-axis camera mount. Stabilizer Picloc 3X on a buggy 57.15 beta firmware.

Cheers, Tomas, helivision.se

ChrisViperM

Snurre....You are absolutely right, but being a hobby guy, I was not aware that advertising companies working for the big guys (like in your vid for VW) would accept images from a "hobby" camera. Is there any "minimal demand" you normally have to deal with....?

PS: I was checking out your other vids on the vimeo channel....some really awesome stuff there. I like your way of cutting, and the play with focus...keep up the good work.
One of my main customer is a truck manufacturer in Södertälje...did you ever work for them...?

Chris

snurre

Hi Cris,
Well, I think many professionals involved in the production line has a pragmatic stand on the quality requirements. Of course they would love to have all material done using a high-end cameras but they understand that there are so many other real world factors that will impact the final production, like for instance how to get the aerial shots done at all. And then the way they use the aerial footage many times mask the inperfections that come with the aerials. The aerial raw material simply has to be good enough.

I realized I may have posted this in the wrong thread - the one about CX730 vs GH2 was the one I had in mind. Oh well, at least I have start/stop, zoom, and stills trigger on the CX760. Appreciated by the cam operator. RC remotes manufactured by GentLED. :frog:

The film above was actually shot partly in Södertälje. So you are referring to Scania? Nope, never had the pleasure...
Unfortunately I cannot take the credit for the other videos on this Vimeo channel. But Mandarin, the production company can. I will forward your appraisal :tennis:
Tomas

ChrisViperM

Yeah...it's SCANIA....I know that place inside out....lots of nice and cool people there (very unusual for this industry...maybe it's because they are Swedes) The next time I meet them I'll show them your vid.....you never know what comes up....:tennis:

Thanks for giving a litte bit of insight into your crazy industry....

Chris

nicwilke

Purchased a Sony HDR-PJ710V today. 32gig, BOSS, and projector (wank) but no view finder. Will post some tests next week.

3DJIM

Low Down Hucker
Hi All,

So today we had the chance to get out between the rain showers and test the rcshutter on the Sony CX730, the results were awesome, many thanks to rcshutter who have been great all the way with us and very helpful, highly recommended!

Start / stop record and zoom work perfect :) just plug and play!.

Jim

nicwilke

Duh, after looking at the website some more, I see there's a single white signal wire that goes into another channel. Nice setup. I've got a BOSS camera on its way, and the RC Shutter also. Next week, I'll test it all out.

3DJIM

Low Down Hucker
Duh, after looking at the website some more, I see there's a single white signal wire that goes into another channel. Nice setup. I've got a BOSS camera on its way, and the RC Shutter also. Next week, I'll test it all out.

You dont :), it has 2 x channel leads ( 2 x regular rx plugs) to plug into your rx!

Jim.

Edit, Ah I see you worked it out while I was posting!! :D

Jim.