Testing different stabilization software

tombrown1

This is a test of stabilization software on aerial photography. There are 3 total clips - each one played 3 different times in a row. The first clip is stabilized by Final Cut Pro X. The second clip is stabilized by the Lock & Load plug-in for FCPX by Coremelt. The third clip is stabilized by Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 warp stabilizer.

It will probably be best to change quality to 1080p - not sure how to get the embedded video to default to that.

Opinions are welcome!

Best,

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
It's hard to tell. I have compared mercalli to warp and warp seems to not soften the image so much. But mercalli has worked better in some situations where warp didnt. I wouldnt know how to tell ahead of time which one to use but it seems to be good to have both of them on hand.

DennyR

As an example of what can be achieved with software stabilization with advanced shooting techniques, here is some very nice stuff done in Paris not aerial but the technique of using stills to form a time lapse (Stop Go) which is then stabilized is a great idea. This guy just moves his tripod to get some nice stuff. Each frame is a full rez. still image with amazing quality. (suck on that Red users) I plan to use this to circumnavigate the whole Island of Cyprus using this same technique. Although with a Zen it wont need much in the way of stab. even in time lapse.

Check out Mayeul Akpovi on Vimeo and watch Paris in motion part 1 and 2 and the the Making of....
Watch carefully and you could learn a lot.

[video]https://vimeo.com/mayeul[/video]:tennis:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Biker

As an example of what can be achieved with software stabilization with advanced shooting techniques, here is some very nice stuff done in Paris not aerial but the technique of using stills to form a time lapse (Stop Go) which is then stabilized is a great idea. This guy just moves his tripod to get some nice stuff. Each frame is a full rez. still image with amazing quality. (suck on that Red users) I plan to use this to circumnavigate the whole Island of Cyprus using this same technique. Although with a Zen it wont need much in the way of stab. even in time lapse.

Check out Mayeul Akpovi on Vimeo and watch Paris in motion part 1 and 2 and the the Making of....
Watch carefully and you could learn a lot.

[video]https://vimeo.com/mayeul[/video]:tennis:

This is amazing, beautiful work from that guy!