"version does not match"

tombrown1

Hello. I am able to connect WKM to the software, but when I do it says "version does not match" and it won't let me navigate the software at all. I've contacted DJI about this a couple weeks ago, and still no response.

Anybody have any words of wisdom?

Best,

Tom

tombrown1

It wants me to update to the beta firmware - I'm not sure I'm comfortable doing that. I'd like to stick with the latest non-beta fw. So the only way to use it is by going beta?

Thanks,

Tom

kloner

Aerial DP
or use an old version of the assistant. all the units sit around forever and they get the latest firmware when you fire em up like your doing. Best of my knowledge the latest wk stuff is good

VINHEX

Install a previous version of assistant and it will upload the firmware for that release. But as Kloner suggests had no issues with 5.14..

kloner

Aerial DP
being he just bought this, does anybody have links to older versions? he doesn't have the older versions in his pc from the ride along the way

tombrown1

Finally got wkm plugged in with 5.12 fw and 1.30 software. Thanks for the link Vin!

The reason I wanted to do this was because I tried to trigger the auto fail-safe by turning my radio off in flight (I know, dumb idea). Anyway, it hovered for about 5-6 minutes, and didn't do anything. It's supposed to go home. The go-home feature works when I trigger with a tx switch. But not when it loses radio signal. Not a big deal, but I'd like for it to work as advertised.

Best,

Tom

kloner

Aerial DP
that's something you have to setup, not just turn it off and hope for the best

it is in how you bind a jr and how you have the failsafes set in futaba

tombrown1

So I'm trying to set up this fail safe still.

I have the enhanced failed safe method in WKM assistant set up to Intelligent Go Home.

In the Devo 10 I can't figure out how to get it set up for fail safe. Here is exactly what it says in the manual:

There are two possibilites for use if the transmission signal is under abnormal condition. The first one is to lock the last action data received; the second one is to execute the pre-set data which is pre-set. The default setting is Servo Hold.
Setting method:
Press ENT to enter the Main Menu, and then press UP or DN to move the navigational mark to select Function Menu. Press ENT to enter the Function Menu then press UP or DN to select Fail Safe and press ENT to enter the Fail Safe interface. Take the item Elevator as an example to explain.

Press UP or DN to select Elevator on the Fail Safe interface, then press R or L to change the status of Servo Hold into Fail Safe(if you want to keep Servo hold status, there is no need to re-set). There is a expanded sub-item blow.Press UP or DN to select 0%, then press R or L to increase or decrease, respectively, the position amount which centers on the neutral point of servo. The available value is 125%, respectively. 0% is the neutral point of servo.

The setting methods for other channels are same as above. Press EXT to exit after finished.

Note: checking whether all the actions when fail safe happened are correct, is a must after the setting is finished. It is dangerous to use full throttle, especially after fail safe taken place.

So that's what it says. Obviously I do NOT want to do this incorrectly as it could result in a VERY costly crash. The switch I have setup for my "go home switch" is rudder d/r, which is not in the Devo Fail Safe menu as being available for fail safe.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

I am having a problem with connecting my naza softwre, i realise this is wkm side of things which i also have but just wondering if anyone knows how to reset a naza ? I have been told that there is a way but i,m not sure how to do this ? No matter what I do I cannot connect my naza (2 of them ) to the software assistant and both were working until i tried to upgrade them firware and since then I for some reason cannot connect with the assistant ?

Any suggestions on this ?
thanks Guys

Install a previous version of assistant and it will upload the firmware for that release. But as Kloner suggests had no issues with 5.14..[/QUOTE],