ZenMuse Video Signal port

Hello all: I am trying use the Zenmuse video transmission port to a HK 5.8 VTX. My question is do the Zenmuse provide the 12V power to the VTX? or is the Zenmuse needing power from the a source?

I am using the following VTX:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=22394
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/623672303X350698X28.jpg

and wondering if I need to wire the power from the VTX or to the VTX? Reason is that I already have a plug for my 3S battery on the VTX now.

Maybe I just do the ground and video cables and that would be it.

KS

fritz99

Hello !

You can use the Video connector on the Zenmuse to supply your TX with 12 Volt and GND.
Zenmuse will supply the power.

Fritz

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Just watch out that you VTX doesnt need more than one A like mine did. Otherwise you will have a strange behavior of your zenmuse or damage the GCU !

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
KS I the 500mw should work. But if you plan on using the DJI OSD in the future i would recommend you getting a Immersion 500mw 5.8ghz one of the newer ones that can take up to 6s input. Just makes the cable a lot easier.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmmm hard to say ! I am pretty sure they know what they are doing but you have to buy the VTX and RX combo from them the DJi VTX comes with some non compatible channel frequencies to immersion RX for example. Think the whole VTX RX DJI setup is around 200 Euro.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
they were somewhere on Rcrgoups, but i think to remember they are foxtech channels/frequencies and a 500Mw 5.8ghz vtx

kloner

Aerial DP
so it's what they call 305........ the name of the tuner.... airwave is whats in the fatshark/immersion that makes them incompatible. fatshark goggles can hook up to any of em wired but the wireless part. Immersion 5.8 600mw are good, rc ready

so, I have a s800 with zenmuse.. I would like to have a video for the camera operator, but also, I would like to have a camera for the pilot.

Reason, I cannot judge distances as well as others. when the camera operators tells me to slide a direction, he may not be seeing the surrounding, but I am worried about the surrounding and thus sometime I cannot judge distances between my s800 and an object when it is at a distance. I would be nice for me to have the view point, even if the camera i pointing directly down to the ground.. at least it will give me a reference of where I am in the playing field.

So, if I use both 5.8 (one immersion, one foxtech or HK, or DJI), should'nt I be able to just using different channels? I would be nice to use both immersion or both foxtech, both whatever.. so that if a TX or RX is bad, I can use them universally.

so the comment about immersion taking 6S directly.. it will handle 22.2v? or was that something else?

KS

kloner

Aerial DP
last weekend at a fpv fun fly we had two immersion 5.8 and two of the 305's on seperate channels flying unmolested all day...... but we didn't have two transmitters in one craft, that might be different

wonder if the effect would be degraded range, or something else.. to the WKM or control side? I wouldn't mind degraded range, since I normally only fly LOS. but if it would effect the other electronics, ie.. WKM stuffs.. then it would be something else to consider.

KS

kloner

Aerial DP
it should just lessen the range of the video if anything. 5.8 is a long ways away from 2.4 and no waves intersect.it could be 100ft or 1 mile.... these guys weren't flying very far