Turnigy nano-tech LIPO's Anyone used them?

usnooz

Hi Guys

I'm just about to buy some new batteries and thinking of getting some
Turnigy nano-tech 3000mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack

Anyone used them and how did they score with you?

Phill

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
They are all I use.
I use 4S 5000 Mah 65-90C in my Hexa.
I use 3S 2200 Mah 45-90C in my Align 450 Pro SR.
They are heavier than most.
If you do not over-discharge them they last a Long time.
I am very happy with mine. I have (4) 4s & (4) 3s.

Every one of the Nano-Tech lipos I have ever owned puffed way too fast. Even with watching to not over-discharge.
Go with Gens Ace! I have been using them for over a year without an issue.

kloner

Aerial DP
I've had really bad luck with em too. all the "new" technology ones puff too easy but are 50c, 90c etc

gens ace are tough, sky lipo are really good, turnigy are alright. i like em in that order, gens ace are just really hard to find

Efliernz

Pete
It sounds like you have already got some gens... I have 4 Nano 4S4000's where two lost a cell within 20 cycles and the other two are down to 50% ueable before low-volt after 30 uses. Never taken past 75%, never charged quicker than 2 hours. Not again...
I use turnigy Blue 25C cheapees and they rock!

Pete

I've six 4S 6000's and have had no troubles at all with them. No puffing nor any other untoward behaviour.

Of course, although they are placarded for 5C charging rates....I don't charge them anywhere near as hard as that. Typically, I charge at about 9 amps. Don't even get warm charging...or during flight in my F550.

....sT

kloner

Aerial DP
what discharge rate do those have? the guys that worked out? i had em last year, 25-50c 5000mah 4s puffed after 20 flights, not even hard or over discharged

was back when i had a 200 watt charger so they were never close to 1c charge rate

Tahoe Ed

I don't have a problem with the NanoTech puffing, but the regular Turnegy puff up a storm. I really enjoy the NanoTech. I have 3S to 6S.

snurre

Nanotech is my new house battery brand. Previously used Hyperion G3 but Nanotech brings more fore the bucks. So far no puffing even after some hard discharge levels.

I find that my cheap Zippy 8000mah lipos perform better than the Nanotech series. The Nanotech's buff up just by looking at them.

usnooz

Hi guys

I ended up ordering 4x gens ace 3000ma 25c 3s Packs. Mainly because i could get them next day in the uk as we have a multirotor meet here in the uk next saturday.

As for the nanos i might give one a go to see how it performs although it looks like opinions are mixed. possibly down to good and bad batches maybe?

kloner

Aerial DP
I've got a set of turnigy here waiting to be salt bathed that were in my zII when i was trying to los tune it,,,,, The plane LVC'd at 11 volts and there 4s.... I just set em aside but they were smokin. got home and threw them on the IR meter and it doubled, went from 32 to 65, there is zero puffing, if i hadn't had the meter i'd never be able to tell the difference

i just found the last nano i have out of 8. it's internal resistance is only 40, i see that in a 20c new battery, yet it's round, scared to fly it. purple one is fine IR wise, just round. Turnigy are fried, no buenno, ready for the trash, zero puffing

View attachment 6670View attachment 6671

Attachments

• 007 (1024x767).jpg
    007 (1024x767).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 267
  • 008 (1024x653).jpg
    008 (1024x653).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 408
Last edited by a moderator:

anaka

anaka

thanks Phill will take a look at them..
the prices on the german website are more interesting but to have a UK seller is ever a good thing