the attitude i call a lockover

kloner

Aerial DP
Last night was farting around with a new gopro and had that wire in the back for live feed instead of the side. Anyways had made my gain knob lower to see if i could get away with less manual gain to fight the fast oscilating....... the flights down the track had it 130-190..... I made the dial do 99-140. took off at full low so was 99, went forward and pulled back at the end of my driveway and it instantly stuck back, went into my wifes favorite tree, bounced off the top of that to another tree to the ground..... i was like wtf was that.... I looked it over, totaly unharmed, set it down and flew it with the gain knob turned up and it all went away..... never even rebooted it...... It's starting to seem like when they stick like that isn't an over gain problem, i think it's when you got em too low..... I've probably never knowingly flown with them that low since the first week i had one, they've always been 120 and up, and now thinking about that, the 120 was what i used to use and since getting into fpv have never been below 130.

at the same time i was recording the live feed sorting out problems with that. when i reviewed the flight, rssi was 100% the whole way..... even into, through the tree and bouncing off the ground..... POS thing

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
seems to happen alot, don't know if it's me sticking with it or just not getting shook up when it trips out, but this is like the 4th time i've had it. the only thing common is the low gain. this is my first naza, had it almost a year, shes the only one of the 3 that's done it

DesJardins

It's a good thing you've kept control of it when it's happened!
4 times would be enough for me to send it in with a legit problem

kloner

Aerial DP
if it wasn't so random i probably would've. of course then theres the part about it been underwater,,,,, twice. ah well

this is the green light one, did it before the water so that's not what did it. first two times was with goggles on and just figured i sucked and pushed a stick blind kinda thing,,,,,, but that's a definate something. There was no getting it off the plane it went to, all 45 degrees, throttle didn't relax it, hell i barely got it turned off

Dewster

I'm not sure if it is a problem with your unit or if it is a design issue. theflyingrookie stated that it's gyro lock that happens when you are flying fast in Attitude mode and quickly change directions.

Check out this video: Youtube http://youtu.be/jDM6kaNd84E skip to 7:30 to see the gyro lock cause a crash.

3DJIM

Low Down Hucker
Now and then my naza gets gyro lock if im flicking between modes on the fly, if it locks just flick into another mode and back and its fine, but if you leave it and try and ride it out.......

Jim.

mailman35

kloner,
this is what ive been talking about. altho i seem to of corrected it with taking the travel to 120% and gains below 120. with gains over 130 i get strange results.

kloner

Aerial DP
there some combo that lets it happen and honestly i can't put my finger on what....... i've been in this 4 or 5 times now where it was a long hard ride, couple other times where it was like i lost control for a second then it came back,,,, never any waiver on the rssi so it's not the radio, it's a dji thing

mailman35

its a feature! :p its caused me to crash a number of times before i was able to compensate within the radio settings.
i used to think it had something to do with me pushing the sticks to far in one direction, but it will happen if im moving in a circle too, ie fwd + some rudder + aleron, etc. its almost like the naza gets overloaded by the constant stream of data. and decides to crap out.
so its not really limited to the fff issue. but it is as the results are the same...