Best DJI S800 Ad video i'ved seen!

kyle925

making me want an S800 :/
That is the same reaction I got from watching the video. I want to get an S800 too! I hope by the time I get my hands on it, all the possible bugs to it are fixed. I cringe when I think about an expensive equipment crashing because of a stupid low qlty issue like a prop breaking due to a known prop defect by the company. There goes my $$$ investment. Not too mention, the embarrassment.

jes1111

That video demonstrates (very well) the capabilities of the Zenmuse Z15 but proves very little about the S800 itself. The end result would be the same with the Z15 mounted on any other frame of equivalent size and general quality. ;)

One thing it does show up nicely is that effective story-telling benefits from a well-executed mixture of aerial and ground-based shots. Aerial-only videos are rarely as captivating.

kloner

Aerial DP
have any of you guys seen one of these fly off like fpv,,,, just leave for a mile or whatever? I'm curious how it holds up at a sustained 20mph, 30 mph, etc.

thats a pretty cool video....like how the digital affect lines up with the film. I think this is gonna be the first ap rig for me.

PaNt

have any of you guys seen one of these fly off like fpv,,,, just leave for a mile or whatever? I'm curious how it holds up at a sustained 20mph, 30 mph, etc.

thats a pretty cool video....like how the digital affect lines up with the film. I think this is gonna be the first ap rig for me.

i dont think it can hold up as the MR cannot hold up good..!

jes1111

Just what I've read right here on these forums - the S800 is not without its "issues", just as the DJI flight gear has some problems too. So, yeah, I'd probably look at mounting a Z15 on something that you could trust a bit more. I believe it's been proved that you only need to connect the DJI IMU for the Z15 to operate fully, so no need to tie yourself to their flight system.