Crash!!!!, dunk!!!

usnooz

Well i just crashed my quad for the first time. Stright in the water fully submerged.
I've got know idea why it crashed
sad.gif

Anyone else had a submerged quad before and recomend the best course of action drying everything out?

It was submerged for a couple of minutes with the bat still connected the leds where still lit up underwater which amazed me.

I have it on vid so i'll upload it later

kloner

Aerial DP
i do it alot.... get all the screws out of the naza, go pro, anything onboard sealed and pour out the water. from here you got options. if it's not going to get hot you can do an alcohol soak, but it will wipe out any print on plastic so you might take all the casings off. i persoanlly take out all the screws and set it in the sun for a day. never try plugging in the battery to see if they work, they will if your patient and they won't if you insist plugging in a battery too soon. where i'm at the cameras lens will steam up, the naza will dry pretty fast. One of the easiest things to fry is the esc's. the motors should have a soak or spray of something penetrating like break free. wd40 might be a good one to start with then some break free or tri flow.

The other option is tog et it all drained and drop each piece into a bag of rize, it'll act like condescent and suck the moisture out but that takes a while. esc's,,,, make sure there dry. if you have an air compressor, it'd be wise to blow out anything you can before dumping it in rice. you don't want water i the rice, you want moisture to be drawn from inside

kloner

Aerial DP
bummer,,,, at least the camera was sealed?

what a lame piece of water to have it land in eh? all that lake over there and you had to put it in the ditch with a puddle... thank god

usnooz

Hey i'm not going to complain about that. Luckily i added some floats before i went so it was floating on the surface

usnooz

Just to make me feel a little worse i slowed the crash down

Last edited by a moderator:

usnooz

Shes Alive!!!!
Just plugged everything back in and everything seems to be functioning correctly on the bench.
Its looking like i havn't lost anything which i'm shocked about. I just need to do a couple of los test flights to make sure shes behaving herself.
Thanks for all the tips. i went down the cat litter route in the end and i'm over the moon right now :bravo:

kloner

Aerial DP
it's usually not an issue if your patient like you were. my zII was in last trip, i just ignored it for a couple weeks. took it out sunday and flew it 3 miles away....