Ar7010 & gps

Chalagi

My GPS and AR7010 arrived yesterday and last nite I was reconnecting the naza to the rx the same as it was connected to the AR610E that did not have a preset failsafe.
A to Ale
T to Throddle
R to Rudder
E to Elev
U should be pulgged into the gear channel on my rx to make a 3 psoition switch correct? The 3 position switch would be the switch that controls the idle up 1 and 2. The would become the GPS/Att/Man switch. Now how do I make the other switches work I still have the aux 1 and aux 2 empty. I have not connected the GPS yet still need to get the rx connected and the failsafe setup and my tx is a DX7. I sure could use some help here guys.

Thanks

kloner

Aerial DP
you will want to completely hook it all together and build the craft..... then goto your pc....

Youll want to read the manual on how to assign switches to the certain channels. the spektrum radio manual...... usually involves entering a master setup menu by holding down a button while turning it on.

by default, the gear port goes to U, then you assign the fmode switch to gear channel in the instructions in your radio manual. set the sub trim for the atti mode to light up, set endpoints for manual and gps to light up.

After the whole things together and your plugged in, you'll want to make that mode switch hit failsafe and you'll want to bump the throttle over 10%, then rebind the system. to check if your setting took, turn off the radio while plugged into assistant and it should light up failsafe, throttle should be up but not over half. Again, your manual shows how to set failsafe, you need to use the multi channel preset failsafe, you remove the bind plug after booting the rx but before you boot up the tx with the button pushed. Sometimes you have to disable the throttle warning to let the radio be turned on with throttle output, again it's in the main setup menu where you make the switches do selectable channels. usually that is under warnings menu

DesJardins

Yup, to get over 10% minimum throttle my DX8 required I enter the throttle end point and change the first value from 100% to around 70% for the pre-set bind. Then change that first throttle end point value back to 100%.

Chalagi

I installed a new AR7010 last nite that has a preset failsafe. I went by the spektrum instructions and after the flashing red light stopped and went solid it was bound. But then it started flashing fast yellow light (tx signal lost) was that because I had my gps connected and the signal to it was lost? I have the "U" channel plugged into my aux1 to make the 3-way psoition switch work for GPS/Alt/Man. So how do I make switches for my "IOC" and RTH"