SkyJib vs Cinestar for Epic

spiff31

Hi everybody,

I want to put together a rig that's going to have the option of flying heavier cameras comfortably like the epic. The best options seem to be the skyjib with the AV200 and 360 kit or the cinestar 8 with the 3 axis gimbal even though its technically not designed to fly that kind of weight. Unless I'm missing something else? I was hoping that anyone who has experience flying those rigs could give me some advice. Thanks in advance!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
This thing will do the job and more. I've got 2 Epic shots from it.

http://www.raidentech.com/walkeraheli-lama400-red-lcd.html

just kidding.

I think you will be fine with either of those. The cinestar has a nice gimbal which has more flexibility in adjustment. In the end it wont make a difference which frame you have, it will come down to motors/esc's batteries, experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi everybody,

I want to put together a rig that's going to have the option of flying heavier cameras comfortably like the epic. The best options seem to be the skyjib with the AV200 and 360 kit or the cinestar 8 with the 3 axis gimbal even though its technically not designed to fly that kind of weight. Unless I'm missing something else? I was hoping that anyone who has experience flying those rigs could give me some advice. Thanks in advance!

My first stop would be the frame manufacturers and ask them if there products are suitable and go from there. They will also have a good idea on set ups required

Dave

3dheliguy

Probably go for the Skyjib man that is the tank of the sky, but make sure you have a mean Electronics setup... Call around for sure, and find out what works. I wouldnt want to be lifting that thing for awhile, I dont care how much experience I had that thing is Expeeennnssssivvvve!!!!

bihter

any of them would go as long as you have a good motor, matching propeller and sec's.
Believe me, gimbal would be the last thing you would worry about it :)
you first should consider a good set up to make such a heavy load to carry...

jes1111

First - it would help to know where you are in the world ;)

Second - others may disagree, but I believe you're starting at the wrong end - I'd be making my gimbal selection first and then looking for a suitable frame to fly it. I'd say the Radian gimbal stabilization system is probably the best bet at the moment - and it's designed specifically for their Cinestar gimbal - which in turn fits nicely on their frame. There are other solutions, of course, but if you've got the budget then that's where I'd go ;)