Moved over to the sharp side Graupners 10" on order...

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
I ordered 8pairs from electric wing man on Monday afternoon after I'd trashed a few at the UK meet,by Tuesday morning they were on my desk.
Great service as always from EWM :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

VINHEX

Got mine from same place ordered at 2:50 and been shipped.. If arrive tomorrow then this is a great service...

Do i need washers? Kioner

kloner

Aerial DP
stock 2212, then yea, good idea. you'll see they don't tighten left alone.

on mine, i ran em a very short time, but i just countersunk my nut..... i know, wtf did he say? hahaha no seriously, just ran a countersink in there a half mm and they sinched down snug. without it slips a little all the way tightened. use a socket to hold the nut, don't use your fingers

8mm, check the store, set them under the prop,,,, thinest ones you can find or my way

DesJardins

Counter sink your nuts or...

9A54ACF1-474A-4D2A-8C2F-B9EADD53B99F-155-0000000DF5205914.jpg

kloner

Aerial DP
there really really sharp. just cupping it in your palm when you tighten them will slice ya open....

a countersink looks like this
200px-4FlutedCountersink.jpg

it's like a drill bit but doesn't have that bite like a drill bit. a stone one works too, like the three on the left. Your trying to let the nut go down .5mm ish
View attachment 6400

Attachments

• 200px-4FlutedCountersink.jpg
    200px-4FlutedCountersink.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 188
  • image_13344.jpg
    image_13344.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 184

DesJardins

I say washer so you have a "solid" piece touching the nuts.
If concerned with them coming lose I'd go locknuts like in the thread link posted above.

I haven't had any losen up even after my crash from flipping with standard washers, spinner style nuts

kloner

Aerial DP
i had 4 months and hundreds of flights under my belt when one time i spooled it up and a prop shot up like a kids toy......... no spring,,,,,, you want it all balanced as can be

VINHEX

Just a question and by no means disagreeing I see that the washer is on the bottom, does this make a difference on the balance IE would this be better on the top? Only asking I don't know the answer..

kloner

Aerial DP
the problem up there is thats on threads and cant get totally perfectly in the middle like a washer with a hole 8.02mm slides onto a 8mm shaft. honestly, if that kinda vibe is making a problem with something, dampen the something cause it's not much if any different.

VINHEX

Thanks Kioner, Seems silly to ask about a small thing like props but we all know some thinks can make so much difference. Thanks again, there are on my doormat for when I get home so guess will try over the weekend as stripped down and rebuilding to check all components and soldering :)

kloner

Aerial DP
wait till you hear em........ when i fpv in the right wind, i can hear em a 1/4 mile away. wicked

earplugs on your cam, everything else won't care about a motor vibe unless theres a problem with a motor as long as the prop is left alone, not balanced and in tact. I get gravel burn from all that desert flying..... they get consumed, part of the deal. back edge gets chipped, only time something kinda comes on with these, but i see it before i see jello

In general, them dji motors are really low tollerances quality control, they suck. some vibe worse than others. Before they glued them together, they had 2215's. Those you could spin the barrel on the shaft and change the vibrations. Once they glued the shafts to the races/barels, couldn't even to that

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
try his ipower series. The bearings go from what i hear, but he sells em too and there serviceable. T-motors do the same....... i really like suppo,,,,,, but i'm getting ready to test a new one coming to MR market soon....

if you have 4s, use 10" props and the 760kv,,,,,, you'd be pretty stoked. if you want 3s and 9-10" get 900 kv. 22mm are good to around 2 kilo, then get slugish, 28mm go to 2.5 kilo carry and start getting mushy