cannot get motors to spin up after upgrading to latest 2.02 firmware and 1.8 assistan

I recently upgraded my assistant etc as above, and had to reset some data on some of the tabs. Previously it was working fine

Now I cannot get the motors to spin up no matter how I move both sticks. I have the start speed set to RECOMEND, my manual/attitude/GPS switch is set correctly, as is my IOC.

My DSX9 travel adjust for throttle is set to 100% both ways.

Can anyone tell me what could me wrong ???

kloner

Aerial DP
when you put that firmware in, you want to recalibrate the sticks, etc. it has alot of new stuff like ppm and other major things. At least calibrate the tx and double check the mode switch

if all that's done,what colors the light flashing when you try to arm?

when you put that firmware in, you want to recalibrate the sticks, etc. it has alot of new stuff like ppm and other major things. At least calibrate the tx and double check the mode switch

if all that's done,what colors the light flashing when you try to arm?

Hi Kloner

Yep, redone the sticks, tried saving them with throttle full down and at half way. The LED is Green + flashing reds in GPS mode, Orange +
flashing reds in Attitude and just flashing reds in manual. IOC is all set up too.

The only way I got any life out of it was to reverse the throttle channel, but it was spinning up way top fast and would not stop, so I don't think that was the issue ?

Really stuck with this one.
Thanks
Ian

kloner

Aerial DP
on the calibration you'd want to do the mid stick throttle save.

in assistant is everything moving normaly? your positive theres no rate modes set? do the green/black bars go all the way side to side in tx cali?

why so many flashing reds, will it lock in anymore and go flashing green only?

whod you get it from?

have you tried making a fresh model and starting over the setup??

on the calibration you'd want to do the mid stick throttle save.

in assistant is everything moving normaly? your positive theres no rate modes set? do the green/black bars go all the way side to side in tx cali?

why so many flashing reds, will it lock in anymore and go flashing green only?

whod you get it from?

have you tried making a fresh model and starting over the setup??

Just created a brand new heli model. (acro never seems to work on my DSX9)
Bars are moving almost all the way, and are exactly centered before hitting finish and then Write.

Still got no motor initialization, even if trying the standard(non CSC method)

Another odd ball - Every time I start the new assistant, it comes up with the version warning dialog, but both firmware and assistant are the latest (1.8 and 2.02)

It is now showing the relevant colur once and then one or maybe 2 red flashes in each mode.

I use my Fmode switch for NAZA mode switching, so how does it know which throttle curve is to be used ?

Maybe this upgrade is suspicious ? running out of ideas here.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
mines doing that too with the update dialog

try this, go into the radios endpoints and make the first 4,,,,,, ele,ail so on and make those 125 and try assistant tx cali again. it sounds like the endpoints aren't far enough, that would make the csr or whatever it's called not get tickled enough to start. My bars go to the ends like by alot, to do that stick command it has to touch the extreme ends. if you have e-ring enabled dissable it, that rounds off the command stick points too

2tall

Fly Often - Fly Safe
I messed with this problem a while back. I finally decided to fool the Naza by expanding the end points after calibration. To do this I left the end points for aileron, rudder, and elevator at 100% during TX calibration. After disconnecting from Naza Assist I went into the TX dual rate menus for those channels a set the travels to 105%. This gets the end points slightly beyond what the NAZA is hunting for during a CSM. I have never had a problem initializing the ESCs since. The extra 5% in flight makes no difference as I have never used full stick movements while in the air.

kloner

Aerial DP
2tall, is yours a spektrum? same exact model or a different one? just curious, keeping it in the memory bank

2tall

Fly Often - Fly Safe
2tall, is yours a spektrum? same exact model or a different one? just curious, keeping it in the memory bank

My TX is a JR9503, the RX is a Spektrum AR7010. I used to have a 7 channel Spektrum TX - I think the DR menus were similar to the JR.

Jon

KLONER - Whatever settings I try in my DSX9, I cannot get the throttle to go to absolute full. I have tried it at 150% and 100% - no change.

Interestingly, I checked my throttle hold setting, which was set to -5%, so decided to try to do the CSC with TH ON. Presto, it spooled up, but it is not ideal at all for obvious reasons.

Even trying the subtrims does not effect it - most peculiar ?

I messed with this problem a while back. I finally decided to fool the Naza by expanding the end points after calibration. To do this I left the end points for aileron, rudder, and elevator at 100% during TX calibration. After disconnecting from Naza Assist I went into the TX dual rate menus for those channels a set the travels to 105%. This gets the end points slightly beyond what the NAZA is hunting for during a CSM. I have never had a problem initializing the ESCs since. The extra 5% in flight makes no difference as I have never used full stick movements while in the air.

Hi 2Tall

Just tried that as well, seems like a good ploy, but sadly I can still only start the motors with throttle hold ON.

Just tried that as well 2Tall - same response.

If I do start it using the throttle hold switch, it does not reach anything like full throttle either, and what is also weird is that it is not responding to cyclic controls at all.

Something really weird going on here.

2tall

Fly Often - Fly Safe
Ian - It is possible that your firmware update did not install properly. I'm not sure what the process would be, but I suggest that you try to reinstall the update.

Jon

kloner

Aerial DP
why is throttle hold on again?

make us some video of the whole dang thing... clik through assistant, move the sticks in cali so we can see what all you got going on. Show us the radios setting, scroll through all of it. i bet somebody can pick something out your just not catching...

Reinstalling the firmware sounds good, can he just goto the firmware thing in naza and it'll let him redo it or is once it's up to date it won't let him?

this has been dragging on forever, lets get this thing flying

2tall

Fly Often - Fly Safe
When I down loaded 1.8 it did not overwrite the earlier version. They now both exist on my laptop and I can launch either version. Perhaps if you load the old version in your computer it will take you through the update process again. On a side note, after I did the upgrade I did not realize that I was still in the old version until I got to the gimbal settings and could not find the new setting option for output HZ. That was when I realized that I had to close that version and find the icon for the new version.

kloner

Aerial DP
huh, i just looked and i got all kinds of em. mine uses a link from the desktop and it kept taking that away so i figured it was unistalling them. That's nice to have actually, if you fubard it, can always try that.

Hi folks

First many thanks for all your feedback so far, but I am still struggling with this. I have even gone back to 2.01 and the 1.6 assistant, and still have problems.

Some background first may help, This quad is an X format built up from an older Xaircraft 525 frame, using the old flamewheel arms as extended legs, and the flamewheel power plate to distribute power. The motors, ESC's etc are all original flamewheel. Control is of course the MAZA MC and PU.

This setup was working when flying as a flamewheel, but the frame was too small for my needs, hence the 525 frame. The all up weight of her right now with lipo, camera etc on board is only 1450 gms.

I have created a brand new acro model in my DSX9, centred all TX trims, subtrims etc etc. I have full movement, or dead close to it, in the assistant control page. With this setup, I can suddenly get the motors to start with my old and normal method of both stick in at the bottom. So far, so good.

As you push the throttle up,there is little action from the motors for a while, and then at around 15% they speed up until just over 50% throttle. Then that's it, it just about is getting light on its feet, and there is no further throttle.

It is certainly not getting anywhere near full throttle. I am running 10 x4.5 props.

If anyone wants pics or even video I will be more than happy to do one ?
Thanks again
Ian

The monitor in my radio shows the throttle going full travel in both directions.

I just put a new AR9000 on to test the RX and have the same problem, so that rules the Rx out !

kloner

Aerial DP
Ian, is there a way to calibrate dji esc's? or do you know if it's just a fixed deal like simonk?

are you trying the throttle in manual mode when it acts like that or is this atti?

2tall

Fly Often - Fly Safe
Ian - are you still using a "Heli" based model? Those models have built-in mixes that the Naza will not like. Some include the throttle channel. I think you should focus on getting the Naza calibrated to an "Acro" based model as called for by DJI. If that simply will not work we need to find out why.

Jon

Ian, is there a way to calibrate dji esc's? or do you know if it's just a fixed deal like simonk?

are you trying the throttle in manual mode when it acts like that or is this atti?

AFAIK the ESC's do not need calibrating...
I have tried the throttle in atti and GPS mode. I do not like manual mode.