Attitude bad status anyone ever get this?

Today I was flying with the z15 in GPS atti mode and every once in awhile I would get a quick white flashing then back to purple and it would have a slight loss in power and would start to drop alittle couple times I thought it was going to come down as it would take full throttle to keep it off the ground then it would be fine for alittle. It does seem to beable to force it to do this if I fly it really hard from one direction to the other and back. Sometimes it does this when it is really windy and having a hard time hovering in one spot. Any ideas I am on 5.14a firmware and it did it on 5.12a and 5.12 also.

Any help would be great thanks

Dewster

From my experience, a few white flashing lights is okay. They usually come when it's windy or sudden changes in direction of the aircraft. I think gusts of wind effect the barometer. The white light indicates that the craft is having a hard time stabilizing itself. You should try flying it on a day with little or no wind to see if the white light issue appears. Sometimes I even think the prop wash can induce the white light to appear (depending on where your WKM is positioned on your craft). There is a small hole on the IMU (?) that cannot be blocked (covered/taped etc). I think you'll get less issues if it's not directly exposed to wind gust. Meaning other components will block direct exposure to wind.

Best solution is to fly on a calm day and compare with flight on a windy one. I tried flying on windy days, had the white light issue, and noticed that my craft was harder to control. It wobbled, wouldn't keep heading, and dropped in altitude. Solution...I landed the craft and flew another day without issue.

I'm long winded huh?

kloner

Aerial DP
that's one way to make ya confident.......

does the s800 generaly move around alot, wobble?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I am starting to rearrange components on my S800. I am getting white flashed before the motors are even armed. Never had this with any of my other birds. Trying to get any RX VTX etc. out onto the arms far away from the IMU

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
On the s800 a immersion 600 mw 5.8 or no clue brand name 800 mw 5.8. But I stopped using the 800 mw since it is drawing more than 1A messing up the GCU from the zenmuse who's video output cant handle more than 1A.

But before mounting any vtx the flashes were there. I suspect the futaba RX. Never had it that close to the IMU on any of my other builds

Visvid

London Newbie
I am getting exactly the same issue.. I allow the Wkm to gain all sats then take off in GPS/ALT mode. Today there is no wind and almost immediately after take off I get the flashing white lights with loss of power. I am completely confused as this has only recently started on the latest software version and the previous. What makes this even more confusing is that my NAza with GPS on a DJI quad does not display the same issues. As an update I disabled the Voltage Monitor and all is good again, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Xaircraft 650
DJI WKM (latest Firmware and software as at 11 Sep 2012)
First Level Protection (no Load) 10.8V loss 0.30V Loaded 10.5V
Second Level Protection No Load 10.20V Loss 0.30V Loaded 9.90V