dji NAZA / Spektrum DX6i and GoPro WiFi - BEWARE!

Fishton

Be advised that the GoPro WiFi controller (wrist type) interferes with the NAZA FC and WILL cause your multirotor to full aileron left and plummet into the ground like a homesick mole. :dejection:

Took me a dji F450 arm, couple of props and two GoPro housings to find the cause. :upset:

I'm just so glad that I wasn't over water at the time, as I usually am.

Regards
John Easton

AndySV1K

Fishton, what do you base your findings on? Interested as I use a spektrum radio and gopro with wifi bacpac and i've had some serious wobbles recently including a crash.

The last time however I had the same problem with just the gopro on its own and no bacpac. So I don't think I have any issues linked to the Gopro but would be interested to hear your reasons for suspecting the camera.

Andy.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I fly an F550 Naza with Gopro and Wifi BacPac and have not had a problem. Had around 50 flights using this setup.

plingboot

i've used my gopro/wifi with my naza/gps and spektrum dx8with ar8000 rx…
no problems switching recording on/off or switching shooting modes mid flight.

Fishton

On autopilot (GPS) holding position, no wind. While not even touching the controls, like I said before - "full aileron left and plummet into the ground". As if it was attempting a left side flip all on it's own, but only failing horribly.

2tall

Fly Often - Fly Safe
I use the GoPro WiFi BP with my F550 (JR9503 TX and Spektrum 7010 RX) with no issues.

kloner

Aerial DP
show us pictures of the layout of all the gear.

that full aileron bit is what i call a lockover. i'm pretty sure it's from vibes, sounds like what you experianced but lets take a look

what firmware is in the naza?

is there any video?