Team Blacksheep Discovery build

kloner

Aerial DP
unlock the vid,,, please? wanna see, i'm workin on getting a nex-5 up on one

Look at your osd while you try those props. if the type of flying doesn't max out the amps something stupid and if it flies better then heck ya. i've seen the 10's fly super solid in zero wind, but put it in a breeze and it'll wobble like crazy. the rpms it runs at to hover will go down with each bigger prop till it doesn't have any power to push into. like hitting a hill in a big truck at top gear,,,, eventually it wants to shift, well you hit the hill and it's already wantin a shift, only shift we got is a smaller prop.

Somewhere in there is a setup for each weather condition........ sucks, hahahaha

meme

pw: disco
unlock the vid,,, please? wanna see, i'm workin on getting a nex-5 up on one

Look at your osd while you try those props. if the type of flying doesn't max out the amps something stupid and if it flies better then heck ya. i've seen the 10's fly super solid in zero wind, but put it in a breeze and it'll wobble like crazy. the rpms it runs at to hover will go down with each bigger prop till it doesn't have any power to push into. like hitting a hill in a big truck at top gear,,,, eventually it wants to shift, well you hit the hill and it's already wantin a shift, only shift we got is a smaller prop.

Somewhere in there is a setup for each weather condition........ sucks, hahahaha

kloner

Aerial DP
dude, you nailed it........ i gotta get that, you can do some real work with that right there.

good job

meme

yap, i also think so, i was impressed from the footage. There are less vibras than from my Ad6/Av200. Fyi, there is the green silicon pad between cam and plate. I will mount the 10" graups now and test that. I hope that Airtime will be around 4-5 minutes. I have to check if the cx will emit some strange frequencies wich can mess up with VTX /RC TX.

kloner

Aerial DP
i got the pad.......

Last night i tried lifting my cam on that gimble and it was just a little too heavy. my cams a little heavy, thinking about trying 9" on front to get there rpm down a little so they can keep up. that or stack some lipos out back and let it fly 3kilo. got 350 watt motors, 2814

meme

whats the weight of your cam? The cx is 465 gr. The 2216-11 had a hard time to lift the 2000g AUW. The vid you saw is 1:10 flight time, the Lipo had 78% power left. So i think that 4-5 minutes of airtime are possible with a 3300 4s, enough for the takes i need

kloner

Aerial DP
think was 12.3 oz.... 348g

I got a pair of 4000 mah 4s on the back, one underslung and this cam in the tilt gimble and it's balanced a little tail heavy. I'll try a 3000mah on back and should be perfect. Tried to tryit out and the nimh in teh futaba went low.... christ, i'll get it, but them things take forever to discharge then charge.... hours..... ugggggg

DaveM

@meme

Are the Tiger 2216-11 motors, 800kv ?

I have a set to try on my Disco, when I mentioned it to Trappy he said that
the 10 inch Graupners should be a good match. :)

Dave

meme

Dave, this are the 2216-11 900 Kv Motors. Love them, but i think i need much more power for the CX, specially when i fly over 2000 m asl.
Hitted 3000 m asl this weekend with the gopro (1630g AUW)and there was no punch anymore :)
View attachment 6395

@meme

Are the Tiger 2216-11 motors, 800kv ?

I have a set to try on my Disco, when I mentioned it to Trappy he said that
the 10 inch Graupners should be a good match. :)

Dave

Attachments

• cevedale.jpg
    cevedale.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 246

kloner

Aerial DP
I had that with 2217 suppo, around 2kilo there not enough..........

I'm 2568 AUW, still waiting on this stupid nimh

DaveM

Dave, this are the 2216-11 900 Kv Motors. Love them, but i think i need much more power for the CX, specially when i fly over 2000 m asl.
Hitted 3000 m asl this weekend with the gopro (1630g AUW)and there was no punch anymore :)
View attachment 8397

Thanks, I had never really thought much about ASL effects before, mainly because I live
near the coast, only 3.47m asl :)

Dave

Mauronic

Hey Kloner, this thread is a great read. I never knew much about TBS until now.

Random question - I noticed you used Plasti Dip on your soldered connections. Why?

kloner

Aerial DP
to protect them from shorts....... a loose gopro connector could light it on fire, loose piece of solder floating around, helps prevent

Thanks

this is Team Blacksheep

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
well i'll be........ look ma, no hands

sure looks scarry flyin around like that,,,,, i'll upload another view. Gonna get a 5n for this kinda stuff and use this 5a for the water flying.

kloner

Aerial DP
this was from the other side.... sounds crazy

that flight was 4 minutes and burned 2000mah,,, it carries 6000mah

kloner

Aerial DP
getting ready for the San Diego FPV meet next week i put together a shirt to represent....... I'll see if bartman will let me put this place down a sleeve.

i.php

when we make the news all getting arrested, there will be no mistaking which one ol kloner was. F em if they can't take a joke,,,, flippin off the camera

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
I'll send you cookies & the old cake with the hacksaw blade deal.
Have fun....If you see dudes with dark sunglasses & black SUV's hide behind a tree.

DaveM

It must be make your own clothing day :)

Embroidered myself a hoodie earlier, starting to get cold over here :)

Dave

8010408588_7aaf74660e_c.jpg