Team Blacksheep Discovery build

Lifter

gave me the sticker work,,,,

http://www.secure.waterfowldecals.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=435

600x186xtbsdisco.png.pagespeed.ic.8Ka0WLbnH1.png

Kloner,
Is that the red large that features on your case ??

kloner

Aerial DP
no it isn't, that was a 9" 2 color. if you buy a medium one color i'll make you that 9" 2 color for that price, just add to teh notes when you check out or reply to your receipt so i can make the note. i'm cutting everything everyubody orderd now. You guys are the best.

Did you get that exact case? it has a space 10" wide to put it

Lifter

no it isn't, that was a 9" 2 color. if you buy a medium one color i'll make you that 9" 2 color for that price, just add to teh notes when you check out or reply to your receipt so i can make the note. i'm cutting everything everybody ordered now. You guys are the best.

Did you get that exact case? it has a space 10" wide to put it

Looks the same, Just measured up, I got 11 1/2 " x 5 1/2 so no probs there - want the 2 color (as well).

Thanks

kloner

Aerial DP
that's what you see on my case and that's the outter square 11" , 9.5" sticker. can make em any size

I'm not sure if my sites gonna be aussie friendly, we might need to do this with paypal. i know it won't do cananda and i've worked and worked on it to do it..... it's all enabled, just doesn't like my usps module, can't correct the address or some crap so it times out

Lifter

that's what you see on my case and that's the outter square 11" , 9.5" sticker. can make em any size

I'm not sure if my sites gonna be Aussie friendly, we might need to do this with paypal. i know it won't do cananda and i've worked and worked on it to do it..... it's all enabled, just doesn't like my usps module, can't correct the address or some crap so it times out

OK thanks, will go thru it later today and let you know - got to go and earn some $'s to pay for this addiction....
PayPal will be fine.
Cheers

kloner

Aerial DP
scuffed them with red scotchbrite, sprayed self etching primer by SEM. used a basecoat paint for cars, didn't bother with clear. they hold up great. the one i used plastidip spray paint and that didn't stick to my self etching primer, wet on wet kinda application. never seen that before

Razzil

I have some Tamiya PS-23 Polycarbonate Spray left over from painting my dome. Shouldn't be an issue using this paint on motors should there? I'm guessing the motors come apart easily, just haven't looked yet.

kloner

Aerial DP
i just mask the wires and spray away. paint on the copper isn't a big deal......

it should, but scuffing them is important. rub the chrome off so it's dull and scratched

irvan36mm

Kloner- Just got my Discovery from getfpv.com today & will be building it this week.

A couple more questions while I'm getting my FPV system together in the next couple of weeks:
1. do you use any of the optional Core current sensors?
2. on the Core, it says that is has an OSD. Do you have any pics or videos on what the OSD looks
like on screen?

-George

kloner

Aerial DP
the current sensor is in the frame...... no others needed

have fun, let us know if you hit any snags. if you got the arms from trappy, be careful with them bolts he sends out. They round out easy, other than that totaly solid kit

Last edited by a moderator:

sickan

the current sensor is in the frame...... no others needed

have fun, let us know if you hit any snags. if you got the arms from trappy, be careful with them bolts he sends out. They round out easy, other than that totaly solid kit

What is the volt showing on the OSD? 100 percent, is that video transmission?

--
S

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

kloner

Aerial DP
volts is the flight pack,,,,,, the 100% is the rssi signal strength from the ezuhf. Any receiver with rssi can use it, or you can disable any of it but volts. all the long range systems use rssi...... receiver signal strength input i think

They have external rssi meters for video if you wanted, it'd go on the receiver end, but it's not needed, that's what static is

sickan

volts is the flight pack,,,,,, the 100% is the rssi signal strength from the ezuhf. Any receiver with rssi can use it, or you can disable any of it but volts. all the long range systems use rssi...... receiver signal strength input i think

They have external rssi meters for video if you wanted, it'd go on the receiver end, but it's not needed, that's what static is

Ok, so you were flying with a 3s LiPo and landed with god margins regarding the volts, around 11 and burned close to 900mAh in 7 minutes?

Excuse me, but I need to ask stupid questions to learn more about this ;)

--
Stig

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kloner

Aerial DP
yea, 11.3 volts so over 3.8 a cell left,,, it is 1800 mah packs, burned 843 mah just over 7 minutes. That was a plane obviously but it's a core osd. i can wire in an extra battery that'll power the video if teh flight pack totaly dies, it also monitors it's voltage, but i don't use any of that. My discos for whatever reason seem to show it from time to time for no real reason, and it climbs, has something to do with being 110 degrees cause at home i can't get it to do it

DennyR

Thanks, I don't need em yet but I think they might be a good idea. At least when I sell a model it looks like I tried.

meme

Hi Guys, this is the smoothest Footage i am able to get with the Disco:
using smooth flying and some post stabi.
Nice, but i need greater footage and i think the Gopro is the Limit. So i mounted the CX700 on the Disco today and did some hovering in the garden:
PW: disco
The Setup: TBS Disco with Tiger 2216-11 , DJI Opto30, 9"Graups and a 4s Nano 3300. AUW is 1990 gr. What do you think? I have 10" and 11" Graups here, would you give a try with that?

cheers, meme