Help with Building a CineStar 8 (& Copters in General)

kloner

Aerial DP
heres a picture, just below that long looking silver switch, that's the back of an 11x

i.php

there on both sides

Brian Iannone

I'm new. *Really* new...
different radios have differnt controls. an ap guy would look for sliders or rotary knobs, however you prefer. JR radios have a bitchen little sliders on the back that are super slick, but i'd look for a futaba with something similar

Ah, I see now. Okay, so, it is technically possible to control every flight aspect of the multicopter and all three axes of a camera gimbal with a single transmitter?

3dheliguy

My system up and running will be about 9000 with all FPV ground station etc... A Skyjib that is going to lift a RED ONE if you built it your self maybe 15000, having one built 25000 plus, and only a few companies make them actually good enough to fly REDs...personally I wouldn't even try to build one myself it would cost 30000 because I would blow so much money just trying to figure what the best setup is, so definitely consult these 2 companies so you can get a real understanding of what it takes cost wise... aerial Media Pros in Orange County, and KopterWorx in the UK. There going to tell you what you really need because they are the few actually flying this kind of stuff, and if you don't believe me, call Aerial Media Pros and ask him if you can rent a RED. He's going to say yep.. I don't believe anybody till I see it for myself.

These guys actually know this stuff, and from what I hear are cool guys.

We are all trying to give you insight...

kloner

Aerial DP
yes you could with enough channel transmitter. think your 6 channels in with a wk-m just to control it and have a gain channel. then youd need at least three more, but you might need more channels than that to find nice enough radio that has everything you want int he way of switches. Your looking at the back of an 11 channel

ezUHF replaces the 2.4 part with something called 433mhz. it is for long range flying. I do fpv, travel miles across ocotillo, Colorado river, etc. that radio link will do 10-15 miles range. look at some of my vids in the dji forum under labor day fpv. i just fly through a camera and monitor most the time

Brian Iannone

I'm new. *Really* new...
My system up and running will be about 9000 with all FPV ground station etc... A Skyjib that is going to lift a RED ONE if you built it your self maybe 15000, having one built 25000 plus, and only a few companies make them actually good enough to fly REDs...personally I wouldn't even try to build one myself it would cost 30000 because I would blow so much money just trying to figure what the best setup is, so definitely consult these 2 companies so you can get a real understanding of what it takes cost wise... aerial Media Pros in Orange County, and KopterWorx in the UK. There going to tell you what you really need because they are the few actually flying this kind of stuff, and if you don't believe me, call Aerial Media Pros and ask him if you can rent a RED. He's going to say yep.. I don't believe anybody till I see it for myself.

These guys actually know this stuff, and from what I hear are cool guys.

We are all trying to give you insight...

Well, the RED-related question was just hypothetical. I don't plan on building a multicopter that can lift an EPIC. I'll be buying a Blackmagic Camera to use as an AP camera just with this octocopter. (The Blackmagic Camera with a lens only weighs 5 lbs.)

So, a CineStar 8 will be fine.

Brian Iannone

I'm new. *Really* new...
yes you could with enough channel transmitter. think your 6 channels in with a wk-m just to control it and have a gain channel. then youd need at least three more, but you might need more channels than that to find nice enough radio that has everything you want int he way of switches. Your looking at the back of an 11 channel

Okay, so would you say a 14- or 18-channel would be fine? What do you think of Futaba's 8FG Super and Spektrum's DX18?

ezUHF replaces the 2.4 part with something called 433mhz. it is for long range flying. I do fpv, travel miles across ocotillo, Colorado river, etc. that radio link will do 10-15 miles range. look at some of my vids in the dji forum under labor day fpv. i just fly through a camera and monitor most the time

10-15 miles?! Wow, now that is impressive! So if I understand correctly, the EzUHF Transmitter overrides the 2.4GHz transmitting capability of the JR 11x and instead broadcasts using it's own 433MHz signal?

kloner

Aerial DP
that's a cool site you got, never seen one formated like that. hard to understand at first but totaly works

yes it replaces the 2.4 transmission, i use 2.4 for the video feed. the trainer port on the back of radios output like an antenna, the ezuhf transmits it to the craft through a diversity receiver with big antennas. super solid link, never failsafes..

I'm not sure, you want these ap guys to tell ya which radio. i'd go futaba, as big or whatever the better one they recomend. That is like your shoes, no matter what happens when you fly, that transmitter will still be in your hands even after everything is busted up and your going again. the nicer radios feel like it and control like it. smoother better sticks, all bearing, better switch placement and a strong signal come with futabas high end stuff. all that said, i like there new protocal better than faast. i'm 99% sure faast is done with like dsmx is abandoned by jr. there is alot of new stuff going on right now. when spektrum released the dx8 there were three recalls, lost rc craft all over the world from it and all they say is sorry. i hate spektrum/jr stuff anymore and it's all i've ever had. i'm totaly new to futaba but see the light, grass is greener over here, however you want to call it

Last edited by a moderator:

3dheliguy

For your transmitter, I would to try to get something with a lot.. A thought I love JR Radios, but have only heard good things about the Graupner mx20 meaning twenty channels.

Brian Iannone

I'm new. *Really* new...
that's a cool site you got, never seen one formated like that. hard to understand at first but totaly works

Hehe... Thanks! Parallax scrolling all the way!

I'm not sure, you want these ap guys to tell ya which radio. i'd go futaba, as big or whatever the better one they recomend. That is like your shoes, no matter what happens when you fly, that transmitter will still be in your hands even after everything is busted up and your going again. the nicer radios feel like it and control like it. smoother better sticks, all bearing, better switch placement and a strong signal come with futabas high end stuff. all that said, i like there new protocal better than faast. i'm 99% sure faast is done with like dsmx is abandoned by jr. there is alot of new stuff going on right now. when spektrum released the dx8 there were three recalls, lost rc craft all over the world from it and all they say is sorry. i hate spektrum/jr stuff anymore and it's all i've ever had. i'm totaly new to futaba but see the light, grass is greener over here, however you want to call it

Okay, I see. Hmm, I might just go with Futaba then.

Brian Iannone

I'm new. *Really* new...
For your transmitter, I would to try to get something with a lot.. A thought I love JR Radios, but have only heard good things about the Graupner mx20 meaning twenty channels.

All right. Though, I'm not sure I understand how to read the number of channels on the transmitter. Pretty sure I'm just interpreting their site incorrectly. Does the Graupner MX-20 support 12 or 20?

E-Copter

Hi,

the MX20 is 12 channels (in fact there is difference in Europe between " channels" and "channels", it can be just radio channel for one and effective digital proportional channels for the second, which makes the naming of the transmitters not representating the effective channels you will be using, but in english it's same word.
The MC 32 is 16 channels
But interresting thing, is that with a standard receiver like the graupner GR12 which is a 6 channels standard receiver, if you switch to Summ Signal ( directly on the transmitter once the receiver is binded) you have up to 12 channels working :)))
The best bang for the buck for aerial video is with no doubt :

- Mx 20 or MC 20 for the pilot
- Gr12 for standard frames, GR16 for larger frames ( or GR32 but pretty useless as you won't use all of it's channels)
- Mx 10 with a GR whatever receiver ( at least 6 channels in Sbus) that you stick on the back of the master transmitter ( use Sbus output with a jack and you have a wireless trainer / cameranam station), or by binding the 2 transmitters between them for master / pupil.

From all the transmitters i've been testing, the Graupner has been the best and most reliable transmitter and important fact for people using MK, it's native fully compatible with the MK telemetry if you download the right firmware for transmitter / receiver.

In these Cases, the MC 20 / MC 32 are really nice as with 2 screens you have a complete overview ith telemetry with a quick look :)

BEstr regards,

Fabien

kloner

Aerial DP
Cloner am I going to see you in a month or what?

you going to the fpv meet in carlsbad or are you talking about the helifreak funfly? my md900 is all tore apart, been too busy playing with fpv to even think about making the meet. next year when i got my single rotor fpv rig, i'll be back

Last edited by a moderator:

almphoto

I am in sort of the same boat. I want to jump in but I seem to have the analysis-paralysis mentioned in another post. I have some RC experience, but have never done a build. There seems to be a lot of variable and I am continually looking for info.

E-Copter

Hi,

if you have Rc experience, there is nothing more complicated than a plane on the mechanical point of view. On electronics point of view then either you feel comfortable with it and you will be able to set it up and dial it in correctly with a bit of time and patience, either you just want to enjoy it and then, well maybe the best solution is to find someone competent around you to take care of it ?
Anyway, i hope you have nice flights :)

BEst regards,

Fabien