Sony Nex5 Remote Control

Topflight

Sony Nex5 users: I'm upgrading from a GoPro Hero2. Does the Sony Nex5 have a way to start and stop videos/stills remotely from your radio? You can program the Hero to take videos at different intervals (ex every 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60 seconds) Nex5 also? How long does the power supply last on the Nex5.
Thanks for any info.

Bison52

Sony NEX 5N does not have an intervalometer.

I have a LittleSmartThings Stratosnapper, which can be set up to take both still photos and video using one channel and a 3 way switch. It also has the ability to take photos at set intervals. In fact, I have a second Stratosnapper to use as a intervalometer but the most recent version of the software changed the interval setup to multiples of 1/10th of a second with a 2 digit field so the max interval is 9.9 secs.

But for AP using intervals is usually just a workaround anyway and you'd have direct control of the camera with the Stratosnapper.

Topflight

Sony NEX 5N does not have an intervalometer.

I have a LittleSmartThings Stratosnapper, which can be set up to take both still photos and video using one channel and a 3 way switch. It also has the ability to take photos at set intervals. In fact, I have a second Stratosnapper to use as a intervalometer but the most recent version of the software changed the interval setup to multiples of 1/10th of a second with a 2 digit field so the max interval is 9.9 secs.

But for AP using intervals is usually just a workaround anyway and you'd have direct control of the camera with the Stratosnapper.

Where did you purchase it from? Cost?

ZAxis

Just another heads up for the StratoSnapper. Its a versatile little thing and not dedicated to one camera brand or just IR signals. It will operate with a range that includes Sony, Canon, Nikon, Pentax and more. It has uses well beyond an AP remote control.

andy

eltouro

Setting up the Stratosnapper is a breeze by the way.
I am struggling to config my strattosnapper 2....with the sony a5100
I got this cable http://www.goodluckbuy.com/fpv-micr...adapter-board-sony-a5000-6000-compatible.html

On a 2 way switch when I flip it up I have set up stratosnapper to SHOOT,....and when I do flip it up I see the green light on the strattosnapper but the camera does not trigger.
I tried few different scenarios in the strattosnapper without any joy. What could going wrong?