Photogrammetry tool, DJI disrespects the customer.

harpia

Photogrammetry tool of DJI.

Why sell the tool of photogrammetry WKM Waypoint if I can not use it?
My DJI Wookong is waypoint, I bought the license for 50 points in order to use the tool of photogrammetry.
I have many doubts about the photogrammetry tool and the manual does not have much information on how to generate files of GPS data.
After the mission, I thought I would follow these procedures:
-Download images from camera.
-Download telemetry data from WKM
-Enter telemetry data associated with each photograph in my Photogrammetry Software.

But, after the mission, where is the file with GPS position data from the telemetry?.
It's there in the GS manual (page 3) that the Ground Station photogrammetry tool is enabled to WKM Waypoint. If enabled then has to work properly.
With everything set up correctly, after creating a new mission, the WKM flies to the way points and fulfills the mission with dozens of photographs. So far so good, but what I do now? Where is the file containing the route of the mission in order associated with each photograph? I would like a response to the DJI on this subject, because I just bought the upgrade to use the tool of photogrammetry.
I feel cheated because who sold me the license said I could use the tool photogrammetry. Now I'm completely disappointed.
I demand a solution, Is DJI selling an incomplete
If I knew the memory limitation of WKM I would not buy a license for $ 1300, I just bought it because it is very clear in the manual page 3. Anyone who reads the Ground Station manual on page 3 can see that there is no observation about the limitation of the tool for WKM use.

Attachments

• GS.jpg
    GS.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 575
Last edited by a moderator:

HEX junky

Sorry for my ignorance, but what GPS data are you looking for?

Looking at the manual, I get the understanding that the photogrammetry tool is there only for easy programming of the flight route and triggering of the camera. Where does it state that it will log GPS data?

The ACE Waypoint does log flight data, but this is for use by the DJI engineers to fault find a particular issue.

Please tell me if I'm wrong...it won't be the first or last time :tennis:

Check the Ground Station directory folder where the software is installed. There is one folder for saved missions and another called logs. May or may not be the solution as I've never needed the logs for post processing.

harpia

Sorry for my ignorance, but what GPS data are you looking for?
Looking at the manual, I get the understanding that the photogrammetry tool is there only for easy programming of the flight route and triggering of the camera. Where does it state that it will log GPS data?
The ACE Waypoint does log flight data, but this is for use by the DJI engineers to fault find a particular issue.
Please tell me if I'm wrong...it won't be the first or last time :tennis:

For mapping we need the waypoints.

See what is written in the manual.

4.6 Photogrammetry Tool
Photogrammetry tool is for create professional maps by aerial photography easily. In order to do that, you need to setup the servo action and mission path correctly as follows.

FerdinandK

As frozentobacco already stated, there is a log-file in the GS-directory recorded for each flight.

best regards

Ferdinand

Spoke with DJI. Currently it is not possible for customers to export the data - the logs are for engineer access only for post flight troubleshooting. The DJI Ace One (for helicopters) CAN export - this is because the data is recorded on the hardware. With the Woo Kong it needs to be transmitted through the data link for recording on the Ground Station computer (I assume not enough memory space on the WK-M hardware). However the Ground Station data link can drop data packets if there is interference (such as a building between the two antennas) this can result in corrupt data. The engineers are working on remedying this problem and they plan to release an update that will allow for complete export and analysis of the flight attitude. So unfortunately we do not have the answer you are looking for - however DJI are working on a solution.

HEX junky

Thanks for the info....it's basically what I said earlier :tennis: and No where in the manual or sales brochures does it state that the customer has access to the GPS data

zasadek

Thanks for the info....it's basically what I said earlier :tennis: and No where in the manual or sales brochures does it state that the customer has access to the GPS data
Well, I think you're wrong. Take a look on this page: http://www.dji-innovations.com/showcase/case-1/.
After accomplishment of the filming task, all the data including GPS, roll, pitch, yaw can be exported from autopilot system that would be used for default value of surveying photos
Picture above this sentence clearly suggests that there is possibillity to export GPS data. What's more, if you think that this page is ACE related only, on page begining you can find:
Excellent low-altitude performance, vertical taking off and landing, high mobility, low cost makes Unmanned helicopter and Muilt-rotors platform more and more adopted in precisely mapping projects.

My use case is very simillar to harpia's. I need export feature too. So for now, after reading this thread I have to hold up my 50 waypoint upgrade order. :apathy:

harpia

The Seller told me that I would have all the GPS informations and suggested I buy Waypoint, now unfortunately I am unable to use the tool. It is unacceptable.

Edson

zasadek

harpia, do you have any log files stored by Ground Station? Could you send me some? If they are not in binarry format, I may try to parse them.

harpia

View attachment 6381
harpia, do you have any log files stored by Ground Station? Could you send me some? If they are not in binarry format, I may try to parse them.

The only file saved on the computer is the mission "file.awm" being performed by DJI. The format is not the same as it is in the DJI site with waypoints. The attached file its in txt format but the file name is 2012-8-30 12.48.awm

Edson

Attachments

• 2012-8-30 12.48.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 270

pls4air

is anyone familiar with the GS photometry servo setting to trigger the camera? we are using sony nex 7. i can take a picture by clicking trigger and reference photo but it will not take photos automatically in flight. i can click reference photo while we are in flight to take pics but really need it to take pics at the planned times.

leofuica

WELL WELL WELL
Finally i found a treasure.....point by point:

-You need a IOSD MK2 (no WK file, is similar but don´t use it) updated IOSD MK2 to the last FW for use a file to export, only if you really take a pics in REAL or SIMULATED MISSION
-Taked pics with WK and GP servo action ON in control of the camera, every pic is a ONE ACTION in GPSexporter.
-You need update GS to the last version
-You need a GPSexporter 1.2 version, the last version
-You need a 5,26 Wookong Firmware

Only with all of this steps you can export a usable -txt file (with GPS EXPORTER) with a info like that IF YOU FLY REALLY WITH A REAL MISSION AND TAKE PIC WITH WK:
1 1 -70.5445244154 -33.4314905051 751.9216918945 -8.2350430486 3.7321304150 -43.1582699601

The first number or column is a number of action or pic
The second if is a 1= pics taked with WK if 3= pics taked with REFERENCE PHOTO or TRIGGER in GENERAL PURPOSE SERVO ACTION CONFIG.
The third is latitude
The fourth is longitud
The fifthis altitude
The sixth, seventh and eight is actitude(pitch, roll and yaw)

The config GP servo action (in WK is F! port) for Nex 5N or 6 or 7 via infrared
Natural Servo position: -500
Action step 1: 500 Stay time: 0
Action step 2: 1000 Stay time: 0
Action step 3: 500 Stay time: 0
Set and probe it with Trigger

First connect the data link at the least 7 meters away from you.
Second config the PHOTOGRAMMETRIC TOOL, insert all data in white windows (alls of them with out exeption)
Click to draw a region with you want to scan
Preview the result and if you satisfaction with this, GENERATE
Before this you can probe the REFERENCE PHOTO and see if take it, a pic every 2 seconds is normal
Generate and edit the mission, altitude, speed, etc etc

Before you can fly the mission in SIMULATED MODE and probe, again severals times since you can fly the first mission.
Is not easy, but with hard work you can made it.

Actually i fly severals times and the results is very accuracy, but not VERY VERY ACCURACY.

Note:
Each pic taked genered a one file secuencial....
I read all DJI`s manual and this info dosn´t exist...is funy but cruel at the same time...
Enjoy