Hello from San Diego!

jcmonty

Hello all,

Trying to migrate to these forums from rcgroups (seems to be much more civil..). Lot of good info here to digest from what I have seen.

I currently fly a Y6 using an HFPro and a small quad with a APM2. The Y6 is still in need of a gimbal and some tuning, but beyond that it's a nice setup. I am still learning on how to fly smoothly for video, but I am getting better. No where near where some of you are at!

For my real job, I work on UAVs as an engineer. Apple doesn't fall very far from the tree when it comes to my hobby :)

Regards,
Jonathan

kloner

Aerial DP
welcome aboard, look forward to hearing more about the later

where are you at? work in poway?

JayPro

Hello all!

Newb here. Fairly new to multirotor and RC helis in general looking to find events and groups in the San Diego area. My quad was originally a Gaui 330x with a Futaba radio, but over the months I've replaced the flight controller, body, and props. I'm also looking into getting an FPV set up. I've visited a couple groups in the area, but the members are typically more into planes and single rotors. So if anyone knows of any multirotor / FPV / UAV groups around here, please let me know! Also an engineer looking to building my own frame.

I usually fly in the Scripps Ranch area, but occasionally meet up with another down in Chula Vista. If any of you guys want to meet up, just let me know.

Looking forward to learning and contributing to the forum!

JP

kloner

Aerial DP
Theres myself and another guy flying multirotors up around sorrento alot. there will be more soon cause there all digin the discovery. Sunday afternoon alot of us are getting together at "little beach" in carlsbad aka Daves Beach. You can los fly, fpv fly, watch the rest of us go at it...... looking to do a formation flight out over the pacific with some zephyrs...... we'll be there around 3pm

We all meet during the week, weekends, whatever

Last edited by a moderator:

JayPro

I would have loved to come out, but something came up last minute. Hopefully I can make it next time. However, I do prefer parks, that way I can easily walk over and pick up my quad when I crash. =/ I'm free during the week and weekends as well..

by the way, the ottos super people and the witch is hilarious!

JayPro

Well that settles it, enough procrastinating.. gotta go FPV! Thanks for the link! I'll definitely check it out once I get things going..

Murocflyer

Promoting Model Aviation
Hello all,

Trying to migrate to these forums from rcgroups (seems to be much more civil..). Lot of good info here to digest from what I have seen.

I currently fly a Y6 using an HFPro and a small quad with a APM2. The Y6 is still in need of a gimbal and some tuning, but beyond that it's a nice setup. I am still learning on how to fly smoothly for video, but I am getting better. No where near where some of you are at!

For my real job, I work on UAVs as an engineer. Apple doesn't fall very far from the tree when it comes to my hobby :)

Regards,
Jonathan

That's funny you say that. I have been a long time RCG user and fan, but it seems as of late, and especially in the multirotor forum that people are not very forthcoming with info and kind of mean to be honest. (at least that is my experience) It is not at all like the parkflyer forum or the balsa build forum. But there again, those places have been changing over the past few years as well and folks seems to lean toward too much drama rather than helping people out.

Frank