Multiple Naza-powered Multis - Programming Question

jforkner

I have a Naza-powered hexa, and will soon have a Naza-powered quad. I'm wondering what is the preferred method of setting up different 'copters via the Assistant software? Do you use the same instance of the Assistant software for both a quad and a hexa (in my case)? Or do you setup a separate instance for each machine?

Seems like if you use one instance of the Assistant for, say, the hexa and it's parameters are stored in the software; when you go to program the quad, you'd overwrite the hexa settings with the quad's. And vice versa whenn going back the the hexa. On the other hand, I'm not sure the computer will let you install two separate instances of the Assistant software.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Jack

sixback

I have a Naza-powered hexa, and will soon have a Naza-powered quad. I'm wondering what is the preferred method of setting up different 'copters via the Assistant software? Do you use the same instance of the Assistant software for both a quad and a hexa (in my case)? Or do you setup a separate instance for each machine?

Seems like if you use one instance of the Assistant for, say, the hexa and it's parameters are stored in the software; when you go to program the quad, you'd overwrite the hexa settings with the quad's. And vice versa whenn going back the the hexa. On the other hand, I'm not sure the computer will let you install two separate instances of the Assistant software.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Jack

You can export your settings to a file and re-import them at any time.

kloner

Aerial DP
yep, each one has it's own serial number like when you register the first time. it's a non issue

jforkner

I'll have to check---don't have the second Naza yet. I assumed the Assistant only read the connected unit when you selected READ, otherwise it was the last settings entered into the software.

Sure would be nice if the manufacturer would browse these forums and offer input.

Jack

kloner

Aerial DP
sidney does over at rcgroups

i had three of em here at one point, each one had it's own settings, all you do is plug it in and wala