SpiroNET 5.8Ghz

robone

Has anyone used the 5.8Ghz SpiroNET Antenna yet and does it work.

I am looking for a better antenna to increase the range on my Fatshark Predator.

..Rob

kloner

Aerial DP
i haven't used em but they work great and from what i hear, very acurate. there from stamped metal instead of wire soldered together and contained so they should take a better crash to break em. if you already have bluebeam, swr or like that and want to go further, look into patch antennas like helical, crosshair, etc. there all circular polarized and higher gain that just a pair of cloverleafs

If your reception sucks now, theres usually a few things you can do first to just clear up the picture and make the overall system stronger

robone

i haven't used em but they work great and from what i hear, very acurate. there from stamped metal instead of wire soldered together and contained so they should take a better crash to break em. if you already have bluebeam, swr or like that and want to go further, look into patch antennas like helical, crosshair, etc. there all circular polarized and higher gain that just a pair of cloverleafs

If your reception sucks now, theres usually a few things you can do first to just clear up the picture and make the overall system stronger

The reception has never been good. So any tips will be welcome. The problem is I have tried to keep it well away from the wifi module for the YS-X6 and also the Rx

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I have a set of the Spironet. In a direct comparison to flying with set of Bluebeam 5.8 on the same gear I found the Spironet had a slightly clearer picture but I got better range from the Bluebeam, the video would start to go fuzzy and have dropouts several hundred feet sooner than the Blues. IMO they're great for beginners that are flying fairly close range, if you want good video at moderate to long range you'll need 1.2 or 2.4 ghz gear with specialized antennas.

Ken

robone

Ken thanks for that info. With my system, I just have too many things running on 2.4Ghz, hence the choice of 5.8Ghz. I am not really using it for FPV, but rather as a down link for my camera. I just need to increase the range and quality a bit.

Rob

kloner

Aerial DP
your system should be crystal clear to a mile with 500-600mw, 1/2 mile 200mw, easy.................

usually it's placement of stuff hence wanting to see what you had, but if it's different, go try it out then tell us if it still sucks and we'll get you straightened out. if you don't have some sort of circular polarized antennas, they help tremendously, same with a mast on said cp antennas

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm 99% sure sanders and ibcrazy are in battle over this. there was some small talk in a couple posts, then ibcrazy said something about i'm gonna have to order a set to tear apart and they better not be cloverleafs. he replied with there not wire and solder............

hmmmm