NAZA ATTI Mode Forward Flight Dives

As the title says in my forward flight the quad loses altitude to the point it will actually hit the ground...if I pull back it will gain altitude...This is all at mid throttle when altitude hold should be in effect

Anyone else notice this? I find it odd after all of the posts i've read on here I have not noticed this issue

DesJardins

Is there any mixing done in your transmitter?
Have you re-calibrated the compass & plugged into the Naza assistant to watch and make sure the indicator within the Tx screen doesn't fall out of "ALT" position when you move the sticks?

That's where I would start

Is there any mixing done in your transmitter?
Have you re-calibrated the compass & plugged into the Naza assistant to watch and make sure the indicator within the Tx screen doesn't fall out of "ALT" position when you move the sticks?

That's where I would start

0 mixing...I don't have the GPS module

I have the gains at 82/82 for ati mode...I use to have a problem where it would take off higher...starting to wonder if my altitude hold has something wrong with it?

I watch Kloner and others vids where forward flight is solid...

DesJardins

Snap some screen shots of you assistant pages & maybe somebody will recognize a difference in settings.
My gain is adjustable by the knob so my gain is much higher when I'm slow flying & holding position in Altitude & GPS functions

hmmm I've never really thought of doing that...I noticed last night when I changed my gains to 90 it wanted to get pretty twitchy when coming back to a hover...I'm at work now so the pictures will have to wait :/ Thanks for the input though

Alright...My gains are 120 across the top except my vertical is at 135...my bottom two are at 85...can someone please give insight to why the naza seems to almost just loose power and drops a good 6+ feet...I'm testing it at around 6 feet flying forward and if I bring it back or keep going forward it'll slowly loose altitude then drop all the way to the ground...I'm running a 3s 3300 with gopro/fpv gear...could it just not be enough power? 10" props also....this is really starting to stump me...getting very frustrated...

tramstop

Alright...My gains are 120 across the top except my vertical is at 135...my bottom two are at 85...can someone please give insight to why the naza seems to almost just loose power and drops a good 6+ feet...I'm testing it at around 6 feet flying forward and if I bring it back or keep going forward it'll slowly loose altitude then drop all the way to the ground...I'm running a 3s 3300 with gopro/fpv gear...could it just not be enough power? 10" props also....this is really starting to stump me...getting very frustrated...

Im having the same problem. one thing i noticed is when i turn the vertical gain lower it becomes more stable. However, my vertical gain at the moment is 85 which i think is much more lower than what everybody is using and im still having the same issue from time to time. not only happened in forward flight, but hover as well. I can hear the motor reduce its power and it will drop very fast. Most of the time i have to give it full power to prevent it from crash landing. I wanted to test it with with 50 on vertical gain but I've been very busy lately. I'll let you know how it goes but in the mean time, if you find solution for this issue please share it. Thx

Here is my current setup
Stock DJI F550
fpv equipment
3s 8400 mah

From what I can tell and reading other posts it may just be lack of power...changing to a 4s for the heavier load may be the cure...

I have not found anyone else claiming the need of adding throttle in forward flight to keep it level in attitude mode...I'm aware of needing to do that in manual but the point of half throttle in attitude is to keep altitude no matter the effect on the quad...although i'm sure it would help keep the quad in the air by giving throttle while in forward flight but I just feel its not needed...as in the beginning of my f450 experience when I use to give it forward tilt at half throttle the quad would take of very aggressively instead of dropping...

Also after flying yesterday I noticed the quad wanting to stabilize when I was trying to bring it down...I was at around -19% throttle and the quad acted as if it hit mid throttle...I'm going to look for some deals on 4s lipo's and continue to test

mailman35

mine does this every now and then. ive attributed it to the FFF bug/gyro level reset issue. if the quad is within close range i usually stand a good chance of getting it level again.
bu ti have also found that adjusting the travel and expo for the channels seems to have a more positive effect.

hjls3

I have not found anyone else claiming the need of adding throttle in forward flight to keep it level in attitude mode...I'm aware of needing to do that in manual but the point of half throttle in attitude is to keep altitude no matter the effect on the quad

Brett - so you are saying that in atti mode, doesnt matter what you do to right stick, if throttle at 50% - you think it should maintain altitude? I am fairly new to MR but I find that is not case. If you change one flight parameter it is going to affect another. Heck maybe I am completely wrong and wish you the best of luck, but I stand by my statement that - in atti mode, it should hover at half throttle, not fly around and maintain altitude.

Brett - so you are saying that in atti mode, doesnt matter what you do to right stick, if throttle at 50% - you think it should maintain altitude? I am fairly new to MR but I find that is not case. If you change one flight parameter it is going to affect another. Heck maybe I am completely wrong and wish you the best of luck, but I stand by my statement that - in atti mode, it should hover at half throttle, not fly around and maintain altitude.

It makes total sense but it just is tough for me to accept due to the fact that is how I use to fly it...But I was flying it around yesterday giving it throttle during forward flight and it definitely worked...so thank you for pointing that out...it's actually a little more like flying in manual giving it more stick action, which is a bit more fun imo...

Thanks for all of the feed back on this post! I appreciate the help...When I get some 4s batteries in I'll be sure to post some more results!!

kloner

Aerial DP
there is a barometer inside naza that keeps altitude, yes. but like the rest it needs the gain right and it needs a perfectly working mr with naza setup perfectly, as in the 50% mid stick at the radio when you hit finish during calibration. And it is uber important the throttle trim next to the throttle is neutral or better yet disabled. If you have throttle hold and make that 50% on the nose, when you move all the sticks around during calibrate, before hitting finish turn on throttle hold then hit finish. From there it is gains, usually 120-130 works pretty close, should hold 2-3 meters no matter what you do with the cyclic. if it doesn't turn it up, if it hunts really tight for altitude to stabilize, turn it down. Mine holds 2-3 feet but i got a ton of power. like flying them in wind, you can't have enough, at least i haven't found it to be true

Have you always had to put the throttle to 50% when calibrating or is this something new? I don't remember seeing that in the manual or even on these forums for that matter...but thanks for the suggestion...I've never done that yet

kloner

Aerial DP
if this is the case, is the problem

only way i can get mine to hold altitude right, that and no major cg issues

So I got some new 4s batteries, recalibrated in the assistant and I can tell the major improvement in power but the thing still falls out of the sky in forward flight!! tore my clover antenna right off...Last thing to try is balancing the quad I guess...I'll keep you guys updated

kloner

Aerial DP
keep moving the altitude gain up 20% till it vibrates up and down trying to hold position then back it off 20%

Your trying this in atti, right?

Take something small and short like a saltshaker and set it under the craft and see where it's balancing at. your looking to be somewhere near the middle within reason. if not, move stuff around to make it that way

Yea all in atti...I'll have to really push those gains up there then...it's currently at 130 I believe...

Good idea on the saltshaker...I do have the gopro mounted slightly forward but not enough to feel like it would affect it that much...shoot that video DJI had with the battery zip tied to the one leg make me think my set up should be pretty good...but then again that was only in hover

tyor

I have 225 on vertical gain and 170 in both attitude gain. When I fly in atti mode I can fly att full forward speed and it holds the same hight with the trottle att 50%

dang no ****? I was looking at that spreadsheet that was created in the beginning of the year and they were all around the 120's

Did the new firmware update impact the naza gains? i've never really adjusted the gains to the point where the MR gets twitchy...