Skyjib 8 Heavy Lifter Build

Kardous

Build RTF Sjy jib 8

Hello i tried to add you on facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/kardousdop ) please do , can you send to us the package for all of this heavy lifter Octocopter Skyjib 8 ?
Are you builder for those machines because i want one and looking for someone good ?
do you really recommend the hoverflypro , Gimbal , GPS for cameras professional like Red Epic or this can get confusing if you move around while flying ?
Why
Xoar 14x5, and Xoar 15x8 Props (complete set each) do u need to have 8 from 14x5 and 8 from 15x8 ?
do you prefer
Cinestar 3-Axis Gimbal or Photohigher av 200 Gimbal more ? for professional smooth shooting ?

Ahmed Kardous
kardousdop@gmail.com

Kardous

Hello i tried to add you on facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/kardousdop ) please do , can you send to us the package for all of this heavy lifter Octocopter Skyjib 8 ?
Are you builder for those machines because i want one and looking for someone good ?
do you really recommend the hoverflypro , Gimbal , GPS for cameras professional like Red Epic or this can get confusing if you move around while flying ?
Why
Xoar 14x5, and Xoar 15x8 Props (complete set each) do u need to have 8 from 14x5 and 8 from 15x8 ?
do you prefer
Cinestar 3-Axis Gimbal or Photohigher av 200 Gimbal more ? for professional smooth shooting ?

Ahmed Kardous
kardousdop@gmail.com

jrlederer

Hey guys,
I am trying to figure out which motors will maximize on the potential of the new Herkules III esc boards I am trying to test. I unfortunately have already ruled out the Orbitb 20-18's (bummer since I am stuck with over a dozen of them now with no way to utilize them as of yet), but I do have a set also of 4120/20s laying around, but not certain of the amp draws they produce. Can anyone provide me those numbers (for 6S and unknown but open to suggestion on prop sizes, though I do hse soar 15x5s in stock as well), or else possibly recommend whatever may be the current choice for best all-around Heavy Lift motors available these days?

Jonthan

Lanzar

For 4120/20s 6s is because they in my opinion dont get enough RPM with 5s. We have compared both options with lots off diferent propelers and best option for 5 to 10 kg is 6s. On 5s on same load the kopter is not so responsive, current is higher ....
We tried all props up to 17x7. No big difference since these motors are overpowered.

Dont use deans connectors!! I did on my sky jib 8 and it fell out of the sky. Looks like a plug melted. Worked fine with a canon camera but when we added a bigger payload, Sony fs100, disaster. Was running 6s axi motors and 14x7 props.
Reading this thread it looks like we could of gone up on the props

@silastyler - Any update on your build? I'm still deciding between the DW SkyJib 8 and the Cinestar 8 (but with much higher spec'd components and motors -- not the recommended MK-based setup).

Hoping for an update!

Dont use deans connectors!! I did on my sky jib 8 and it fell out of the sky. Looks like a plug melted. Worked fine with a canon camera but when we added a bigger payload, Sony fs100, disaster. Was running 6s axi motors and 14x7 props.
Reading this thread it looks like we could of gone up on the props

Deans connectors are only good for up to 70 amps.

On my pod & boom helis with blades larger than 500mm and 6S lipo setups, I only use EC5 connectors; they're good for up to 120 amps continuous. Some of my 700mm & 800mm helis use 14S lipo setups, so the chance of me pulling 120 amps for really long periods (in an AP application) is slim.

Then there are PRC6 connectors from Progressive RC, which have 6mm bullets and they're good for 200 amps continuous current.

vispaaja

Hey,

What motor wire thickness should I use in my octo? Is 14AWG okay or should I get 12AWG? Going to fly a RED camera. Setup: Plettenberg 15-20, Maytech 60A, Xoar 15x5 and 2x 5s 8000mAh

thanks

xerofly

Hi,
I agree with you but the Skyjib 8 version 2....will the CS 3R retract from Photohigher fit in this is a best solution...

More than half way through my build.

I'm 2/3 of the way through my build.
I've decided to go with a small 3S 1000mAh pack for the Hoverfly FC that is independent of the main power source in order to avoid having to step down from the 6S main batts and add a LC filter in between. Since the Hoverfly Pro and GPS draw less than 200ma each this should be sufficient for a couple hours of flight time.

I discovered that the spacing of the front two screws on the CC ICE 75amp ESCs are identical to the spacing of the four holes that mount the retract landing gear to the body of the skyjib, so I've bolted my ESCs (small #4-40 0.5" sockets with a nut on the opposite side) into the space between the top and bottom plates of the body of the skyjib (drilled out holes to match the ESCs so they fit in between the booms), and for the two ESCs that occupy the space for the through bolts to the retract gear I drilled through the plastic casing of the ESCs and made them part of the frame essentially. See attached Pic.

I'm working on getting the FC, RX, and Telemetry modules seated and oriented properly now, and then I plan to bench test the motors and ESCs before proceeding.

Attachments

• ESCs.jpg
    ESCs.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 316

Silas, what type of connectors are you using on the wire ends in the lower left picture? Just got my fed ex notification that my SJ 8 TI just shipped. Be here Wednesday. Its all I can think about!