What do you think???

rsc

I have a very expensive maxamps 110000mha battery that has just taken a beating on an unscheduled landing... it has a a dent and has penetrated the outer covering. I have tested the battery all cells are fine and its not leaking. it also charges fine.

This battery was seriously expensive and i just can not bring myself to throw it in the bin... breaks my heart/wallet and every thing else!
I realize not as much as loosing a skyjib 8 due to battery failure though... or fire!

View attachment 5436

thanks for your time

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 245

I had the exact same type of little puncture in the side of my 4s 5000, I flew it once afterwards for only a couple minutes and then had a sniff, if you cant smell the lipo stench now you will when its flown, Do you have an ammo box or battery bag? Throw it in there for a full day, if you smell something id have to say sorry and chuck er out.
On a side note of puncture and crush damage causing fires, I took a shovel to my 4s and did an experiment. It was completely mutilated and literally had nearly cut it in half before it would smoke. Ill see if i can find the video. Yes i had a fire ext on hand lol

rsc

Thanks for that, not smelt anything and its been lying around (in an ammo box) for over a week now!

kloner

Aerial DP
I'd get some shrink wrap back on it and fly it. even a piece of vinyl tape to get by

that's a pricey pack

kloner

Aerial DP
it's scrap.......... you can take that cell out and make it one less cell, but that open cell is junk

you didnt get that crash warranty?

Dreamweaver

Been thinking about this happening when i move the batt to the underside to balance out the camera going on soon.

Can't seem to find any good but light weight battery trays...need something like the RC car skid plate ones but bigger.

Anyone got any good links to lipo trays?

~Mike

ghaynes

Stupid question but have you asked MaxAmps? Since they custom build maybe they would offer a re-build replacing the defective cell?

rsc

Stupid question but have you asked MaxAmps? Since they custom build maybe they would offer a re-build replacing the defective cell?

Not such a stupid idea, although import/export and cost of shipping is so high! might be easier to get them to send me the cell!

I think your right, the cell is clearly breached.

I have emailed Maxamps for help. Thanks to all

Last edited by a moderator: