Dji datalink

Dreamweaver

Baby steps...baby steps.

Remove the $$$ cam and find a nice soft level field...not some rocky badass desert mountain ;)

Read the manual, read my workflow at start of this thread, re-read the manual...then go fly it.

Just try takeoff then go-home first.

Next try flying a small square.

And most of all...HAVE FUN :)

~Mike

Baby steps...baby steps.

Remove the $$$ cam and find a nice soft level field...not some rocky badass desert mountain ;)

Read the manual, read my workflow at start of this thread, re-read the manual...then go fly it.

~Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply...
Im thinking of doing test over a cornfield as its the softest crash i can think of... lol.
The camera is all insured but the skyjib6 is not!! i think will just have to grow a pair and do it..
Still not sure if i have to take off and hover or does the DJI veiw do that for me?? i think i need some more reading but i dont have a manual.....
regards
david

Baby steps...baby steps.

~Mike

Hi Mike

i have been reading all your advice on the previous posts and you seem to have the best handle on the whole thing.... which is good for me and bad for you, because i need help!! lol.

I am really really usless at these things and i can even understand what i should be doing and testing from your step by step instuctions...
Im lost after the first few steps...

1) turn on TX in GPS
2) turn on PC and open ground station
3) power up hex
4) handshake to hex

and at that point, im lost...... do i take off and hover manually or auto?? if so how do i check settings and set home etc...please help

kindest regards
David

I still do and did auto the very first time....just have the TX in hand to flip it to ATTI mode until you get used to it.

You do have your mode switch, RTH mix and failsafe all set up and tested right?

Direct manual ink: http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/groundstation/Ground_Station_User_Manual_en.zip

~Mike

hi mike,

i dont have a spare channel available for RTH, but it is set up for TX in off mode... works well....
Do I need to set my home position?? do i have to put it on the floor and adjust the altitude levels??
i have no idea what i am doing.

regards
david

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
Mike,
A quick question not related to Link.
In the photo of your craft, the GPS seems to be rotated about 5- 10 degrees. Was this intentional to correct for offset forward flight?
Thanks for being our "pioneer" with CNG.

Andrew

hi mike,

i dont have a spare channel available for RTH, but it is set up for TX in off mode... works well....
Do I need to set my home position?? do i have to put it on the floor and adjust the altitude levels??
i have no idea what i am doing.

hi again mike
thanks for the manual. Ive just read every single page... now im really really scared... not sure i have the nuts for this!!
regards
david

Borabora

Three weeks I still waiting new SN for DataLink 2.4 (I bought it from FOXTECHFPV). No answer neither for emails nor for message on site.
Super service! Is it strange DJI politic or dealer one?

VINHEX

Nightmare! £160 Door stop! I wonder if you could sort out with another Dealer. Contact Geoff and quadcopters.co.uk always helpful at least may give you some advice on who to contact.

Dreamweaver

1)
I would otherwise i'm not sure it will come back in RTH FS...supposely it sets it own HP once you take off but it does not appear on the GCS screen.

I always click the set HP button just before i take off.

2)
Can't figure this out either...in the settings you can choose between HEIGHT or ELEVATION mode.

My elevation mode was working (i.e same reading for quad and map) but the last couple of times its been off so i have changed over to height mode.

Height mode reading has been within 0-2m of 0 every time whilst on the ground at HP.

The trouble with height mode is you have to do the math to work out your elevation change and add in some spare.

If the height adjustment feature would change the quad figure we coud use that and elevation mode where you just enter the elevation on the map + spare.

~Mike

Dreamweaver

Mike,

In the photo of your craft, the GPS seems to be rotated about 5- 10 degrees. Was this intentional to correct for offset forward flight?

Yes...magnetic north adjustment it's 10* where i live...google it there will be a calculator for your zip.

Makes it flight straight and reduces/eliminates toilet bowl effect in hover.

~Mike

Dreamweaver

Awesomeness...but will no doubt be major bookoo :dread:

Ruling R/C TX

RULING-MULTI-FUNCTION GROUND CONTROL TERMINAL FOR UAV/UGV
The Ruling is DJI's revolutionary multi-function ground control terminal. With the Ruling, users will not only be able to control an unmanned aerial or ground system, but will also be able to adjust on-board parameters (e.g. Auto Pilot or Gimbal Gain Settings). All the while, valuable telemetry and live video transmission will be displayed on the integrated LCD screen. With one hand-held unit, a pilot can now fly an aircraft, control a gimbal and view the live video downlink. The Ruling is the perfect companion to DJI's prolific line of flight control systems and stabilized gimbals- and with its enhanced hardware and software interfaces it is clearly the best choice for industrial and aerial photography applications.

(1) Wireless Video Transmission Module
The wireless video transmission module includes two options:
Wireless analog video transmission module has a transmission distance of 2 kilometers andit supports two types of analog video format: NTSC and PAL.
Wireless digital video transmission modulehas a transmission distance of 5kilometers and it supportsa variety of optional resolutions, such as 1080P, 1080i, 720P, 576P and 480P.
(2) Wireless Data Transmission Module
  • Bidirectional data transmission
  • Available in 900 MHz or 2.4 GHz options. 900 MHz has a transmission distance of 7 kilometers and 2.4 GHz has a transmission distance of 3 kilometers.
(3) On Screen Display (OSD) Functions
Flight data and video information transmit separately, and superpose on the receiver (Ground End) clearly displaying the flight data.
Flight data on screen display includes:
  • Aircraft flight status, including flight attitude, altitude and speed
  • Aircraft flight power battery voltage
  • Home point indicator
  • Number of GPS locks indicator
  • Gimbal attitude display
(4) Remote Control TX
Can be used as an R/C TX, with most of the common TX functions.
(5) Gimbal Control
  • Enables one pilot to control the aircraft and the gimbal at the same time, with aspecial gimbal control joystick.
  • Shutter release and video start/stop record.
(6) Remote Parameter Adjustment
  • The flight control parameterscan be adjusted remotely in real-time.
  • Basic parameters and advanced parameters.
(7) Battery and Charging Management
  • The built-in large capacity LiPo battery (7500 mAh) has a control circuit that allows convenient charging without the need of special battery chargers.
  • Over six hours of continuous operation.
(8) Upgradable via free online upgrades.
(9) Has a bright LCD display and screen hood for outdoor use.

fritz99

Awesomeness...but will no doubt be major bookoo :dread:

Ruling R/C TX

RULING-MULTI-FUNCTION GROUND CONTROL TERMINAL FOR UAV/UGV
The Ruling is DJI's revolutionary multi-function ground control terminal. With the Ruling, users will not only be able to control an unmanned aerial or ground system, but will also be able to adjust on-board parameters (e.g. Auto Pilot or Gimbal Gain Settings). All the while, valuable telemetry and live video transmission will be displayed on the integrated LCD screen. With one hand-held unit, a pilot can now fly an aircraft, control a gimbal and view the live video downlink. The Ruling is the perfect companion to DJI's prolific line of flight control systems and stabilized gimbals- and with its enhanced hardware and software interfaces it is clearly the best choice for industrial and aerial photography applications.

(1) Wireless Video Transmission Module
The wireless video transmission module includes two options:
Wireless analog video transmission module has a transmission distance of 2 kilometers andit supports two types of analog video format: NTSC and PAL.
Wireless digital video transmission modulehas a transmission distance of 5kilometers and it supportsa variety of optional resolutions, such as 1080P, 1080i, 720P, 576P and 480P.
(2) Wireless Data Transmission Module
  • Bidirectional data transmission
  • Available in 900 MHz or 2.4 GHz options. 900 MHz has a transmission distance of 7 kilometers and 2.4 GHz has a transmission distance of 3 kilometers.
(3) On Screen Display (OSD) Functions
Flight data and video information transmit separately, and superpose on the receiver (Ground End) clearly displaying the flight data.
Flight data on screen display includes:
  • Aircraft flight status, including flight attitude, altitude and speed
  • Aircraft flight power battery voltage
  • Home point indicator
  • Number of GPS locks indicator
  • Gimbal attitude display
(4) Remote Control TX
Can be used as an R/C TX, with most of the common TX functions.
(5) Gimbal Control
  • Enables one pilot to control the aircraft and the gimbal at the same time, with aspecial gimbal control joystick.
  • Shutter release and video start/stop record.
(6) Remote Parameter Adjustment
  • The flight control parameterscan be adjusted remotely in real-time.

• Basic parameters and advanced parameters.
(7) Battery and Charging Management
  • The built-in large capacity LiPo battery (7500 mAh) has a control circuit that allows convenient charging without the need of special battery chargers.

• Over six hours of continuous operation.
(8) Upgradable via free online upgrades.
(9) Has a bright LCD display and screen hood for outdoor use.

Does anybody know when it will be available ?
What price ?

Fritz

Brant

The most impressive part, for the on lookers, is when I press a button on the laptop and the F550 starts, lifts off, and hovers in place.

Brant
Low Altitude Productions

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
It's fun to click "go home" walk way from your PC to where it will land in the field and wait for it to come home and land just where you know it will.
People are flabergasted!!!

SkySlider

I started flying with the data link and ground station this week.I have a problem getting the green light to lockon before connecting and then it can take a few cycles to get connection.The One Key Take Off is supposed to Auto Takeoff and hover out at 20 meters.Thats 65 feet but mine hovers at 20 feet.The altitude offset seems to be set right as it will come home and land with the offset settings i use and I adjust it by viewing until it touches the groung visually.Does anybody else One Key Take off hover at only 20 feet ?

Scott

Tahoe Ed

Does anybody know when it will be available ?
What price ?

Fritz

I got a chance to handle one when DJI was in Las Vegas for the ASUAV conference. Right now it is just a gimbal controller with a video down link. They are working on the rest of the features. I have heard that $5000 will be close to the price. Remember that this is a "Pro" version controller meant primarily for Professional A/P and Law Enforcement/Homeland Security use. For them, $5K is not an obstacle. The time line is when ever it happens. DJI has a lot of irons in the fire. Naza H, WK H upgrades, Video Down Link with OSD, and so on and so on. It looks like the Naza H and Video Down Link with be next.

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
Sharing the Link is not this issue.
Both WKM must have waypoints enabled....you still have to pay for this.

That what I know.