DJI Naza (F450) flips

skogiz

Hi guys!

I'm quite new into multirotors. I bought a used Mikrokopter a while ago and now I wanted to try and see what DJI Naza has to offer.
So I bought a Flamewheel 450 and most of the time it works very good.

Some days ago when I was flying I got a double flip. The first one was high enough to avoid a crash but the second one made the F450 go into the ground (nothing broken, lucky me!)
As you can see here on the video something is happening but I don't understand why... Is it possible to tell from the video which motor/esc that is powering down for a piece of a second?

I also found another video from russia with a guy having the same problem

What do you say guys about this?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

make sure all your bullet connectors are completely inserted. welcome to the forum. lots of good info here.

kloner

Aerial DP
put your camera on any suspecting motor so you can see it stop. what esc's? is there any heat?

paulb

I to have had the same problem today. First flip was high (GPS mode) landed and checked all connectors the second was low and crashed no damage. Will try again later.

Bad motor maybe? I have two short flights on my 450. As you can see in the video, guess which one is bad? The issue is also intermittent. It's ok for a short time then it comes back. Verified it's the motor.

kloner

Aerial DP
they can do that with a bad connection at the esc as well. push the connector on and off all three wires and try it again. one of the three motor wires isn't making a good connection, can be at either end of the wire,

hjls3

they can do that with a bad connection at the esc as well. push the connector on and off all three wires and try it again. one of the three motor wires isn't making a good connection, can be at either end of the wire,

+1 to Kloners advice. Also, if all bullet connections are good, swap a motor real quick and see if it does the same thing on a different arm. Been there done that, you will get it figured out.

paulb

Checked every thing over last night, all seemed ok.
First flight this morning it flipped to the right 3 feet from the ground crashed and smashed both right props.
Put on new props and now it seems one of the motors is not spinning up as fast as the others, same as lowandslows video but seems to be intermittent.

I moved my suspected motor to another arm and the issue shown in the video seemed to go away. One thing I did do is remove all the motor connectors to all the ESC's, took an eraser and cleaned them up real good. On the suspected motor the lugs did seem to be a little discolored. Once I reseated all the connectors I took a few flights and everything looked good.