Naza acting very strange.

dbraid

Hi everyone. I seem to be having a problem with my Naza after the upgrade an installation of the GPS unit.

I am running the 450 frame, Turnigy 1000KV motors and 30A Turnigy Plush Speed controllers. Also it is fitted with FPV and GoPro camera.

The install involved upgrading the Assstant and firmware. Until this point everything had been great. I am wondering if it can be based on a firmware problem. I have a mate who upgraded his firmware only, without the GPS install and is having similar problems.

After flying for a while the Quad just seems to go feral and take off in what ever direction it feels like or just plummets into the ground.These actions are very violent and unrecoverable. At least by me.

Thanks for the anticipated help.

kloner

Aerial DP
i just upgraded mine and don't have the gps. did you guys reset everything in assistant? re-calibrate, re-check that what used to be atti mode isn't going straight into gps mode or failsafe. that is totaly different now and has to be reset

i just upgraded mine and don't have the gps. did you guys reset everything in assistant? re-calibrate, re-check that what used to be atti mode isn't going straight into gps mode or failsafe. that is totaly different now and has to be reset

Kloner is correct your gps arrow needs to face forward and you need to calibrate it prior to the first flight. Also after your firmware upgrade you need to reset everything and redo your settings just to be on the safe side. Also you need to make sure you are not flying in IOC mode or Home lock for your first flight as they change the flight characteristics. Failsafe needs to be set up properly prior to your first flight and it also helps if your taking of in GPS atti mode to wait for it to get > than 6 sats which will be noted by a fast green light flash.

Jon

dbraid

Kloner is correct your gps arrow needs to face forward and you need to calibrate it prior to the first flight. Also after your firmware upgrade you need to reset everything and redo your settings just to be on the safe side. Also you need to make sure you are not flying in IOC mode or Home lock for your first flight as they change the flight characteristics. Failsafe needs to be set up properly prior to your first flight and it also helps if your taking of in GPS atti mode to wait for it to get > than 6 sats which will be noted by a fast green light flash.

Jon

Is the cable of the GPS unit facing forward?
Have you calibrated the GPS after the installation?

Thanks for the prompt replies but both of us have followed each of the requirements to the letter. It is just the fact that with the same setup and a firmware upgrade the unit has become down right dangerous. It does seem to be strange that it is not a truely quantifiable fault happening quite at random. Sometimes you can fly through a complete battery pac without problem and sometimes not but just when you are getting some confidence it goes crazy and crashes with a vengence again. The crashes are quite violent and seem to happen when least expected.

kloner

Aerial DP
I've flown naza since december, own three of em and never seen this

Are you flying in gps mode without a gps lock? if it's that dangerous, call your dealer

Make sure you made the proper adjustments to your flight mode switch. You used to have two flight modes, now you have 3. Make sure you have set your endpoints correctly to ensure proper flight modes. Sounds like you could be in manual mode.

Duane
Coptersolutions.com
Sent from my EVO 4G lte using tapatalk2

dbraid

This is also one of the checks I have made several times. I can actually fly it better in manual anyway. All is well then it just goes mad. I have changed from an orange receiver to a top of the line Spectrum.

KopterX

If everything is ok and suddenly goes crazy it sounds more like a ESC problem or contact issue. Are you flying in a hot area? I suggest check the wiring for poor contacts, then monitor the ESC temperature.

dbraid

Thanks for that. I have telemetry and can measure surface temperatures easily whilst in flight. I did look at this and changed all the ESC's with new ones and abit later it all started again. I live in a very cold part of Australia just below the snow line but do find the motors get quite warm. I will also go back and check all my connecctions.

Thanks Again
Doug.

dbraid

Wellthe last crash which took out one of the DJI arms has rendered everything questionable. The LED is just flashing red and nothing elsebut funnilly it seems to be working. The quad seems to hover properly, flies straight and sensibly and when the GPS is switched on the quad stops in forward flight and hovers on the spot even in the wind.

I am currently in talks with DJI to see if they can help.

kyle925

It sounds like you are flying under the course lock IOC. Are you able to verify in assistant your IOC function (course/home). Flying in course lock and not familiar w/ it is dangerous. Verify if you programmed it in X2 and make sure it falls blue on either course or home. Also, how does it fly if you are in ATTI mode? Are you able to control it in ATTI?

fvg007

I have problem of my F550 with everything stock setup. It just wont hold height.

Cut off type: intelligent Gimbal: OFF Lipo Protection: OFF

I notice when I engaged the motor, motor suppose stop if no power add within 3 sec. But this does not happen to me!

Some how I re install assistant and run upgrade firmware ( which is same anyway ) and calibrate compass ...it works! ( motors turn off in 3sec if no power add )

Then next day, Turn on Gimbal and Lipo

It just wont work again. Even I turn them back OFF here! ( Setting all back to old one which suppose to work! )

Anyone has this kind of experience....I am very confused here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btRTuj_7l4Q ( It just wont able to hold height )

remyd

I am having similar issues. Mine flew great but i noticed on my last flight the motors were extremely hot. I put through several packs and on the third pack i couldn't touch the motors (original DJI). Smelling them closely they smelt burnt. Like you the height couldn't be held without variable throttle. Holding it above my head some motors didn't appear to be spinning as fast as others. In my case i think i have damaged the motors or they just don't like being run for to long continously. I notvied the same thing the other day but all seemed fine until i had run a pack or two through them????

Tahoe Ed

I know now is your winter, but what are your temps while flying? It could be that your motors are stressed and may need to be replaced. What is your set up? Thanks.

remyd

Tahoe Ed - F450 standard bought a month ago, 10x4.7 APC props or 9x5 Graupner, Naza, x648 leggs and gimbal, go pro running 4S 2650 or 5800.
I am about to begin the search for better mottors anyway. I am happy to take reccomendations on quality replacements especially if they just drop straight in the frame. today was about 12-15 degrees c.
Cheers,
Remy

kloner

Aerial DP
do all you guys take off in atti?

Try lifting it off the ground in manual and flip to atti and tell us if it still has weird up and down movements.

Your motors will not shut off right away if intelligence is turned on. How much does your gimbal battery and copter all wiegh together if your to much that would cause it to not hold height.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2