Camera mounts

Chalagi

Does anyone have any simple (Homemade) and cheap camera mounts for the GoPro that you use on you DJI F550? Mounts to build or mounts from a dealer.

Thanks
Chalagi

BerndM

I have a 450, not a 550 but I mount my GoPro HD2 directly onto the protruding front part of the lower plate using a small piece of carpet tape to prevent any slippage and 4 or 5 rubber bands to secure it.
The video is ROCK STEADY, something I unfortunately CANNOT say about my flying.
BTW...I find that using the 720P @ 60FPS works by far the best.

Chalagi

I have tried lots of ways to mount the gopro onto my T-Rex 500 without much luck. Too many things can produce tons of vibs that are really hard to get rid of to make a nice smooth video. I will keep you mounting in mine when I get my DJI and thanks again.

Chalagi

kloner

Aerial DP
On the gopro, the frequency that's making jello is only handled by really soft materials. silicones like mask type or foam like ear plugs. on a stock frame it's hard to fit, but on a custom frame, is why it's custom...... guess a guy could make a platform and the base mounted to a stock frame somehow

i.php

makes this with pretty much any prop from what i'm told. mine were new unballanced graupner 9x5

that's all raw gopro and video capture footage, no post stabilizing

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreamweaver

That's pretty good for ear plugs :tennis:...no allowance for changing the camera angle appears to be the only down fall.

kloner

Aerial DP
I'd look at it more as the way to smooth out any gopro on any craft. if you wanted a gimble, put this between the gimble and cam....... it is the poorboy solution. think it was $4 worth of plugs, some glue and a piece of ply. thin metal would be better to dampen it more.

BerndM

View attachment 5133

Chalagi

Check out this very short video that I took with my GoPro HD2 HARD MOUNTED to my DJI F450.
As I mentioned in my earlier response to your query, don't look at my crappy flying skills, but at the steadiness of the video itself.
IMHO, it's about as solid as it gets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ysd4T4Ifs

Attachments

• Quad and GoPro HD2.jpg
    Quad and GoPro HD2.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 275
Last edited by a moderator:

Chalagi

Wow guys that's some very impressive video. I will keep this in mine when I get my DJI hopefully this week or next week. I can't hardly wait to try my hand at flying this machine. Thanks for all the good suggestions giys.

BerndM

I think the MOST important thing in getting vibration free video is to make sure your props are REALLY well balanced. My Graupners were good but far from perfect.
For these lightweight props, a decent magnetic balancer is a must (IMO)