Complete WKM crash into the water !

fritz99

Hello !

I had my WKM with firmware 5.08.
I flew 10 meters high with atti and GPS when all motors suddenly stopped.
The HEXA fell into the water and all the electronic does not work any more !
I als lost a SONY NEX-5.

I am really scared.

Has anyone had a similar failure.
I really do not know what went wrong.
Is it a 5.08 firmware bug ?

Fritz

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
My biggest nightmare. Sorry to hear this. I live near water and fly over it all the time and fear this- always!

It is unlikely to be firmware, more likely a voltage cut-off setting. other things that are possible but unlikely at that distance are loss of signal, faulty power distribution, faulty battery, any connection in between battery and motors. If it started acting crazy first but still had erratic control it could be many other things. But for the heli to just stop and drop is usually a power issue/voltage cut-off.

Again, really sorry to hear this happened.

kristiaj

:dejection: Ouch!
Did you see if there was any power on the way down? Any lights blinking or sounds from engines?

fritz99

:dejection: Ouch!
Did you see if there was any power on the way down? Any lights blinking or sounds from engines?

Lights were on.
No sounds from motors.
I have HERKULES II V4 ESCs. They have no voltage cut off.
Distance was 30 meters.
It did not went crazy, just motors off and down.
In the water the lights were still on.
The LIPO had enough high voltage after comming out of the water

Fritz

DennyR

I had it happen once when I was 500 ft high. it happened because I came below the 10% throttle. this was before the stick combination shut down option. I opened the throttle and it recovered straight away. Usually these things are operator faults. If it had happened at 100 feet I would have lost it'.

kristiaj

Ok... so no short circuit or lost power then.
Was the IMU set up to shut of motors when throttle less than 10%?
Was the failsafe set up, and was it set up with throttle over 10%?
Have you tested your RC transmitter to se if there can be anything wrong with the throttle potmeter?

kloner

Aerial DP
mines been in sweet water and always just tear it down and dry it out before powering anything. usually a couple days you either see life or not. fired up too early makes stuff smoke, that smoking stuff never fires up a couple days later, it just keeps smoking

I fly a complete f450 hero2 and all that's gone completely in. the only thing i lost was 2 esc's. think mine was in shutdown from going over 45 degrees when it hit so it saved 2 of em. esc's don't seem to like a) props hitting water and b) being ran wet

378_595.jpg

mine went into lvc and i just missed hitting the dock in a forced descent