Dji Naza going crazy

hover

Today I was flying early in the morning. The first battery pack was great and smooth but after the first half of the second battery my Naza went mad. I just started if and it strafed extremly to the left and hit a try. I tried to go right but it didnt follow my commands and just strafed left. Thanks god I didnt hit a person and just have a broken Graupner prop. The lawn was a little wet in the morning, can some water on the ESC, motor? lead to such a strange situation? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

hover

were all your props tight? might also check the bullet connections between esc and motors.

Esc connectors are good pluged in. I just checked and one prop was not super tight but tight. Didnt used screw glue at this flight to secure the prop. Can the ATTI gains 200/200/150/150 be a problem?

hjls3

Because your first battery pack was good and pretty quickly after lift off with 2nd batt things went awry. something happened during battery swap. I am pretty new to this so I could be wrong, but unless you changed your gains between battery swaps, i doubt that is the problem. I know you checked bullet connections but did you actually push each one of them in and double check that they were fully inserted? its pretty easy for one of those connectors to be just barely un-plugged and weird things will happen.

the other thing i would suspect is a bit of debris in your motor. i use compressed air and blow thru my motors every now and then. (learned that trick here on this forum).

fyi i never use screw glue on the props and i have had good luck with the props. like i stated, i am fairly new to this and any knowledge i have either came from experience (crashing) or right here on this forum, i bet someone with way more experience will chime in and lead you in the right direction. good luck...

hover

Thank you, will double check the ESC and try again. The strange thing was, it didnt follow commands. I strafed right and down and it flew up and left...

irvan36mm

For the prop spinner,I use the white teflon plumbers pipe tape
around the motor shaft.
Use just enough to go around the threads one time. Works great!

hover

Some days ago I have had my second control loss based on the FFF problem I think. I'm using Graupner 10'' props and 200/200/160/160 gains.
Now I have read the problem also comes with high gains. I have lowered them to 130/130/130/130 and it flys ok, but maybe more would be better.

Is there a maximum value I can use without problems? 160/160?
Thanks

animau

well todau it happen to me to...at my second pack my f550 went backward like crazy on gps mode...i didn't have time to puch forward and broke a arm...
but i think it was a bullet plug came off....i think...
i hope is that because i'm a bit scare to fly it again and didn't what was really happen..
well i put som epoxy on the arm and it was rock solid after.

hover

well todau it happen to me to...at my second pack my f550 went backward like crazy on gps mode...i didn't have time to puch forward and broke a arm...
but i think it was a bullet plug came off....i think...
i hope is that because i'm a bit scare to fly it again and didn't what was really happen..
well i put som epoxy on the arm and it was rock solid after.

what gains are you using?

can this also has something to do with the battery? I think it always happend with my second lipo. Maybe I have to check this.

animau

my gain was normal like....190 190 150 190 something like that...i've change it alot because i can witk my knobs on my radio et when is windy or not..

kloner

Aerial DP
you guys should try lower gains still.......... if your seeing a fast wobble from onboard like was in this youtube above, it's still too high. try flying it in manual mode. do short burst of full throttle without touching the cyclic, what happens? on board vids are the best way. you want that totally smooth, no fast wobbles, no slow wobbles, etc. Then turn on atti and adjust. on 3 different flamewheel/nazas in 2 sizes and totally diff motor/prop combos 120-130 in manual and 80-85 on atti gains has always held it without any weird problems, When i ran manual in the 130-140 i got alot of that lockover looking stuff you guys complain about but flying fpv you notice right away and can correct it. You just gotta not loose orientation and start holding the cyclic full opposite the lockover and it'll settle down

you want it to look like this vid at 45 sec in manual
stays straight, minimal wobble

kloner

Aerial DP
forgot to answer the water on stuff question....... no it shouldn't make the flight control act weird. what it'll do is smoke the esc's to the point smoke comes off em and the motors never spin. I've soaked nazas twice now and never seen any lasting problems.

metal, wood, debris is bad inside the motor so definately blow them out when you crash. I fly on iron rich desert and the motors build the dust up like junk on a magnet drug through the dirt just taking off and landing

hover

Thanks for the reply. Yesterday I tried 120/120/120/120 with my Graupner 10'' and heavy F450 and it was pretty unstable and shaky. 130/130/130/130 works ok. You think 130 is ok or should I go 125?

Do dont want to have the lockover again, because next time I will complete break it I think.

kloner

Aerial DP
video of it flying at 130..... i'm curious what "pretty unstable and shaky" looks like. is it like water going down a toilet bowl or bouncy/twitchy? fast or slow?

either case, once i got down bellow 140's mine pretty much quit all it's bad habits

kloner

Aerial DP
man, what a mess. i don't have gps so i'm not used to what it acts like, but to me it looks like when you let off the stick it tries to stop it making it wobble. have you tried just flying regular atti yet?