New Equipment is Here (Cinestar 8 + HFP + 3xproV2)

PaNt

The leg that points up is there for a variety of purposes. It helps with orientation (since we have 3 axis gimbal spinning around with the bottom legs). It makes a nice handle when carrying it around. And when I'm flying under something, it's an extra bit of safety.

Hmm nice..! i will try it..! i might put two legs.. :) :)

PaNt

On the skids..! :) :) :)

Attachments

• IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 373

I'm assuming you have there conditioners at the moment to make it work correctly?

The Hoverfly Pro flies great. The gimbal board is getting there - should be really good soon - we've seen the potential. We drove down to the Hoverfly HQ so they could run some tests with our gimbal. They're working on an update that will take the little wobbles out.

DennyR

The Hoverfly Pro flies great. The gimbal board is getting there - should be really good soon - we've seen the potential. We drove down to the Hoverfly HQ so they could run some tests with our gimbal. They're working on an update that will take the little wobbles out.

360 usd seems to me to be a little steep for something that is only getting there. That said, you can only do so much with gimbal electronics. If your drive system has a gearbox i.e. a servo, then it will never be fast enough or free enough. If the gimbal is not perfectly balanced and free to run in an almost frictionless alignment then it cannot use the normal laws of physics to stay put until a deliberate force is used to move it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Denny, i think it's safe to say you are highly biased toward the Z15 these days. I admit it is impressive but dont knock everything else for being really good as well.

PaNt

360 usd seems to me to be a little steep for something that is only getting there. That said, you can only do so much with gimbal electronics. If your drive system has a gearbox i.e. a servo, then it will never be fast enough or free enough. If the gimbal is not perfectly balanced and free to run in an almost frictionless alignment then it cannot use the normal laws of physics to stay put until a deliberate force is used to move it.

Benjamins is near perfect..!!! YOu can see his vids..!

BUT, he has the conditioners which are currently not included, meaning the hf pro gimbal will not work out of the box with the cinestar gimbal...yet

DennyR

Denny, i think it's safe to say you are highly biased toward the Z15 these days. I admit it is impressive but dont knock everything else for being really good as well.

Of course I am, but I still look and buy other stuff and offer any help that I can to improve it. I even make low cost good quality videos that have No camera gimbals at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamins is near perfect..!!! YOu can see his vids..!

Thanks, PaNt. Glad you like the videos.

DennyR, we haven't fully used the gimbal board on a shoot yet. We've been flying without gimbal stabilization, other than my camera op doing his best to keep the camera pointed in the right direction. Folks seem to be pretty happy with the results.
I bought the board because I saw it as a tool that could help us to shave a bit of time off each shoot and provide people with better footage (I'm already a happy HFP customer). As a brand new product, I never expected it to be perfect right out of the box. The dedicated folks at Hoverfly have been working with us to get their gimbal board and our gimbal working together in harmony. Positive results are imminent. That being said, there will always be some limitations with a gimbal that uses servos and belts, but we accept those limitations, then make killer videos despite them.

PaNt, I'm looking forward to seeing the videos you'll be cranking out soon. I've seen some of PaNt's flying skills, and he has some SERIOUS skills. He will do well.

PaNt

PaNt, I'm looking forward to seeing the videos you'll be cranking out soon. I've seen some of PaNt's flying skills, and he has some SERIOUS skills. He will do well.
\

YOu are talking about 3Ding on helis right??! I have some skill but 3ding Vs SMoothing a Multirotor is a different think...! :):) We will see :)

GUys now something about the build when you level your motors you are doing is with eye level or you use a pitch gauge??

Is there a problem for 0.1o and 0.2o

Thank you

To level my motors, I took off the landing gear / gimbal and put the Cinestar on a large flat surface with the arms a bit loose so I could make sure that all the motor mounts were flat to the surface they were sitting on. Then I tightened each one up. Hope that makes sense.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
As everyone know if the Raw isnt good then the post stab cannot change something..!!!

thats mostly true. If oscillations are high enough to induce jello/rolling shutter issues then yes, you are out of luck. But the whole point in stab software is to take out those movements that are minimal. It's just like using twixtor or any other tracking software that relies on a crisp image to compare. The software's worst enemy is motion blur.

PaNt

Guys thank you for your help...!!!

I will tell you some more steps i did in order to tell me if i am ok..!

First of all i calibrated and setup all me escs...!
Secondly i upgrade my HFP to V 4.0 with update client..! SUCCESS :) :)
Thirdly i connected the escs and the reciever as per the manual...!
I put mode +Octo
Thats all till now..! THen whats the next step to check the direction of motors and to setup AL as per this tutorial??

https://hoverflytech.zendesk.com/entries/21202158-how-to-setup-autoleveling

I am readind the manual about the EPAs...!
The Gear channel one EPA is the gain for Normal FLight with auto levelling Off..! The second is the gain of the Auto levelling right??

THe AUx 1 now is the Alt hold ON and Alt Hold OFF...! Right??? This switch i have to change in flight...! CAn i have it always on ( i am just asking)

also on SPektrum on the EPA you can see +- on the futaba that i dont have +- how can i undestand where is the Alt ON Alt oFF and AL ON and AL off??

Thank you.. :) :)

PaNt

No one that has HFP can tell me if i am right or not???

Also tell me can i enable the AH in flight?? also the AL can i enable it in flight??

Thank you!