Flight sims

jes1111

phoenix too, has FPV mode, infinite 3d landscapes to fpv in, but needs nvidia chip vid cards to really get with it. You can get the cheap knockoff chineese dongle for cheap, like this one

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/usb-2-0-almighty-flight-simulator-dongle-51480

says it does aerofly, that the same as aerosim?

I've never used it but have alot of friends online using it, and i've flown with them at the phoenix multiplayer thing online, no differences.
I'm surprised that people openly condone/encourage theft of intellectual property on this forum.

mailman35

i dont remember anyone saying to steal the software, a usb interface is just a usb interface.
its not like go here to grab this torrent of the sim.

or its reverse engineering a sentinel dongle.

kloner

Aerial DP
they kinda do, think the software even comes with it and you gotta run some software to fake the dongle being active. It's on every forum under the sun, phoenix dongle, search it

mailman35

yeah the dongle i got was 100$ before i knew that they where a dime a dozen.
hindsight would of been just to pay for the software, and get the dongle elsewhere.

kloner

Aerial DP
yea, got my full real version for like $109 at common sense rc when they had the sale......... these dongles came out about a year ago, the deal extreme one does 12 sims

jes1111

whats the difference between that and a clone MR? clone FC? they've been offering that product for 2 years, even hobbyking has em

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14304
Exactly! There is no difference - "intellectual property" can be PC software or ESC/FC firmware or the design of an MR/gimbal/ESC, etc. You are "stealing" from the originators.

Guess you'd feel differently about it if you were an originator of any intellectual property ;-)

jes1111

yeah the dongle i got was 100$ before i knew that they where a dime a dozen.
hindsight would of been just to pay for the software, and get the dongle elsewhere.
Eh? The dongle is a software copy protection device - it won't run without it. If you buy the software legitimately you get the dongle in the box. If you download the software (from anywhere) and buy the Chinese dongle you are stealing from Phoenix because you are using their software without having paid them any money.

kloner

Aerial DP
I own 483 copyrights, 3 patents and one trademark, don't gotta tell me about it. IF the owner of the property isn't doing something about it, it's there problem. We spend thousands a year sending off letters, sometimes it slows it, sometimes it stops it. But when your talking china, life is what it is.