DJI NAZA and DX8.... Do I really want to program fail safe in the DX8?

Rick~K

Free Bird
I been thinking about this, if the NAZA has its own fail safe- auto land.. why program the DX8 fail safe to hold a mid-stick throttle and other inputs???? Wouldn't it be better to let NAZA do its own Fail Safe... or am I missing something?

Thanks!

RCNut

The Naza doesn't fail safe on its own unless you program it using a 3 position switch on your TX. If you don't program it and your RX loses signal, the Naza does whatever the fail safe in your RX tells it to do which is often center sticks and zero throttle (by default). You can program center sticks and 40% throttle into your RX fail safe as a backup which is handy if you're using a 6 Channel TX which doesn't have a 3 position switch for fail safe programming. Otherwise if you DO have the 3 position switch on your TX then it would be useful to be able to force fail safe within the Naza itself.

Tahoe Ed

Failsafe is programed into the Rx. If you have a Rx that is capable of "preset failsafe" you should do it. You can set up a switch on your Tx to force the Naza into failsafe when you still have a signal. You can check what will happen by shutting off your Tx while connected to Assistant. The mode slider will move to failsafe but where does the throttle go to? If it goes to 0 then the motors are below 10% and will shut down. That is why you set up the failsafe in the Rx so when signal is lost the Th is above 10% and the mode slider goes to failsafe in the Naza. If you set up a switch to force failsafe in your Tx and are flying the Th is above 10% when you activate the switch. So the Naza failsafe will work. I hope this helps you.

kloner

Aerial DP
if it is setup before it fails, yes. levels out and lands when the batteries run out

my modes are on the gear switch. i hold the gear switch in the middle to bind failsafe then never revisit it again till it happens

Rick~K

Free Bird
Thanks for the reply's, I understand. I need to move my mode off "Gear" to one of the 3 pos switches.

Thanks!

kloner

Aerial DP
that or you can leave it on gear, make it so it's hitting failsafe in assistant instead of atti or manual. bind it in failsafe with some throttle, probably have to turn off the throttle alarm warning so you can turn on your tx with throttle and bind. The biggest thing you gotta do with setting it is put the bind plug into the rx, turn it on, remove the plug, then bind with your tx. That way it does more than one channel failsafe as in the throttle and a gear switch