What happened to my Naza??

SDSURFnSAND

MultiRotor Newb!
Ok so something strange is afoot with my Naza...

A little background....due to my ESC's needing to be powered after my naza i had to make a Y harness so that i could power naza first and then esc's..

So today i go to fly and i do my normal startup sequence..power Naza and then i go to power up my esc's and the deans plug is turned around so the -end is pointing to the + on the terminal...well there was a pop like their was an arc from the battery or something...they were barely close too...but i didnt see any smoke and no burnt electronics...good to go i think...

so i plug in the correct way and only motor 1&2 powerup...3 and 4 are lifeless..damn..but thats not the end...

so thinking i just need to re-power up...i unplug everything and start my powerup sequence again...this time i get a solid yellow light from the LED on the VU...now im freaking out...I unplugg the naza from power and this time i power up the esc's first and then naza...

I get the normal start up sequence from the naza so now im thinking im good to go...NOPE...so while everything is plugged in and powered...i unplug M3 and M4 from the naza up front in the motor ports...wait a second or 2 and then i plug each one in and what do you know....M3 and M4 power up...

So im thinking whew...everything works and i didnt fry anything...so i unplug everything again and go throguh my "normal" startup...powerup naza then esc's...same thing happens...solid yellow light on VU an no motors...CRAP!

So then i try the "new" sequence...power ESC's, power naza, unplug M3 and M4 from motor ports and plug back in....Everything works...

What is going on?? Please help me to understand what happened and how i can fix it if i can...

Thank you

SDSURFnSAND

MultiRotor Newb!
you ever disconnect the red cable from the escs?

Yep...removed all the red bec cables...only have signal and ground....it was running just fine before...what happened is that when i went to connect my battery to the esc's...i think the deans plug was turned so that the negative prong was at the postive plug and the battery somehow sent an arc to the plug cause i heard a zapping or popping sound...but the wierd thing is that the plugs never touched...

mailman35

i dropped all my deans after i had a power loss in flight. went to xt60's :O
even the naza user manual has nothing on a solid yellow. you could always pull the naza apart and look to see if you let the magic smoke out

Micky6934

Hi mate I've have problem with my xaircraft 650 v8 model I have just finished building it I've installed all the electronics I've also
Install my spectrum reciever as well I turn on xaircraft an all I get is lights flashing on speed controllers but nothing else could you
Please let know what I'm doing wrong cheers mick

SDSURFnSAND

MultiRotor Newb!
Hi mate I've have problem with my xaircraft 650 v8 model I have just finished building it I've installed all the electronics I've also
Install my spectrum reciever as well I turn on xaircraft an all I get is lights flashing on speed controllers but nothing else could you
Please let know what I'm doing wrong cheers mick

What is the LED doing on the VU? Ive never seen esc's with flashing lights....is the led on the vu blinking rapidly? if so that means you are in failsafe and will need to set it up in the assistant....do your esc's initialize at all?

Micky6934

What is the LED doing on the VU? Ive never seen esc's with flashing lights....is the led on the vu blinking rapidly? if so that means you are in failsafe and will need to set it up in the assistant....do your esc's initialize at all?

Yes they do now I play around with my throttle adjustment and they started up thank god it was easy fix but still have one issue if you could help with I'm trying to connect my xaircraft 650 v8 to pc I have the right connection an the
Right programe but it keeps saying theres connection problem I'm going out but I'll be home later on cheers mick

kloner

Aerial DP
i wonder if the esc's came uncalibrated when they had that reverse polarity moment.might try recalibrating each one in the throttle port of the rx first then retry

flight controllers as a general rule are pretty tough. one time i blasted a unregulated rc system made for 2s with 12s......... it smoked everything but the vbar, it still flies today

SDSURFnSAND

MultiRotor Newb!
i wonder if the esc's came uncalibrated when they had that reverse polarity moment.might try recalibrating each one in the throttle port of the rx first then retry

flight controllers as a general rule are pretty tough. one time i blasted a unregulated rc system made for 2s with 12s......... it smoked everything but the vbar, it still flies today

Yea thats my next step...just too lazy to do it right now....haha...