DennyR

I got up early this morning to try this new gimbal. This is just down the road from my office so it's a good place to try stuff.
The gimbal is a totally new concept and is powered by PCB motors. Only two axis.
TO BOLDLY GO WHERE OTHERS CANT-HaHa
Don't think I would risk that with a S800. Hit the side of that ring and your up for min. 500 euros. Standard Naza with stock settings. Total weight 2.2 kilos

Last edited by a moderator:

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I got up early this morning to try this new gimbal...

Four things.

Really nice, stable footage; so glad you went through the circle; insanely jealous of all that gorgeous sunshine - folks were even swimming in the sea ! - and, GoPro's produce really nice colour but it is a shame they are so susceptible to the 'wobbles'.

DennyR

Four things.

Really nice, stable footage; so glad you went through the circle; insanely jealous of all that gorgeous sunshine - folks were even swimming in the sea ! - and, GoPro's produce really nice colour but it is a shame they are so susceptible to the 'wobbles'.
I expect I could clean it up with After Effects but it is a test. I would never use footage that has own shadow in it. That was the first time that I have tried a Gopro. I think there is a lot more that can be done to improve it.

We have had about four months of continuos rain and high wind so it's great to be back in the air again.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
@ Vortex:

PhotoShip One gear is not so readily available in Europe so I bought an AV200. But I prefer the PS1 belt drive design on the Roll axis. The rack and pinion design of the AV200 Roll is quite 'clunky' in operation.

DennyR

I got out early again before the wind got up to test another servo driven gimbal. This time the other half went for a dip in the hotel semen pond before I breezed down to the Guaba Beach Bar. Only the second time I have used a GoPro but I am starting to like it. If GoPro get their act together and update Cineform to include Image stabilisation, Anti Alaising, anti jellow filtering and time line editing it could start to get interesting and bridge the gap. Stock Naza Settings on the flying saucer and gimbal.:tennis:

@ Vortex:

PhotoShip One gear is not so readily available in Europe so I bought an AV200. But I prefer the PS1 belt drive design on the Roll axis. The rack and pinion design of the AV200 Roll is quite 'clunky' in operation.

Shot this with the MK TR Pro not the 3X Pro. Roll is direct drive from the servo arm to the gimbal arch.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
windy FPVing :)

but i must say i am really getting into it more fun than flying the big birds !

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
windy FPVing :)

but i must say i am really getting into it more fun than flying the big birds !

That is some seriously adventurous FPV flying there Boris. Well done. I liked the part where you waved back to the ladies! Love the house and area too.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
That is some seriously adventurous FPV flying there Boris. Well done. I liked the part where you waved back to the ladies! Love the house and area too.

Thanks Mombasa, enjoying the country side more and more guess has something to do with age :) Cant wait for no wind conditions and taking it over the lake.

Boris

tstrike

pendejo grande
It wasn't in the air but some gopro stuff from a movie I've been working on doing the camera car driving with my truck. A bunch of Russian's, 2 Arri Alexa's, and a big azz pink Cadillac...