Photohigher skyline rsgs

Fifon

Hi,

Kimberley has posted a new video of the futur firmware to be released (1.2.2)

No more Jitter, pan stabilisation is there and effective :)

It's seems pretty good don't you think ?

I could say that everything looks so good without wind, but in this case, even without wind there are still roll dancing compared to the first videos made with strong wind 5 month ago...

jes1111

Tell me if I'm imagining things, but at 02:30 that horizon is definitely not level and around 02:38 (and again at 3:52) there is a regular left/right wobble of the horizon.

nicwilke : One thing I don't understand is why you are tearing your setup apart and doing all these mods + videos.

You had the only RSGS which was working perfectly already ??????????

nicwilke

nicwilke : One thing I don't understand is why you are tearing your setup apart and doing all these mods + videos.

You had the only RSGS which was working perfectly already ??????????

My skyline was working 'OK' but suffered jitters when in the air mate. The jitter fix did not work with the wiring Harness (standard and H).
This 1.2 with the dummy pots works way better and im on the original harness as is.
Air video sample tomorrow.

ATFlyer

Apologies for being slightly off topic but I lost faith and patience with Photohigher & bought a Hoverfly Gimbal stabiliser board.

Within an hour I had perfectly stable images. It just works. No resistors, felt washers, H looms, one power supply and great software to set it up. The loom is nice and tidy too.
From what I gather the customer services is top notch too.

Sorry PH you have p***ed off one customer here with deep enough pockets to make a difference to your competitors profits. I'll steer clear of your toys from now on.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I went the route of the Hovergimbal as well and have to say it is a weight off my shoulders to not have to keep looking to this thread for answers. Good luck to all of you diehards that seem content with the challenge. I'm sure one day it will be dialed in. I just hope PH hasnt lost their rep by then. They definitely got themselves in a tough spot with this one, I kinda feel bad for them.

nicwilke

I went the route of the Hovergimbal as well and have to say it is a weight off my shoulders to not have to keep looking to this thread for answers. Good luck to all of you diehards that seem content with the challenge. I'm sure one day it will be dialed in. I just hope PH hasnt lost their rep by then. They definitely got themselves in a tough spot with this one, I kinda feel bad for them.

Good luck with hover fly. Sorry you didn't stick with this as we did. You have chosen another good product. Share some video sometime.

I'm waiting for this bad weather to clear things I'm off for aerial tests. :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Just a quickupdate to say we are finally making some progress. You saw the video weuploaded on Friday with very little wind. Today we did some more testing andmade a few changes. We are just uploading a couple more videos from today; onewith the AV130 on a DJI F550 and the other is on a SJ8 with DJI WK-M and theAV200. I am hanging out to test the Skyline on a machine with an MK controller- the WK-M on a big machine is not so smooth.

Link to our vimeo page - https://vimeo.com/user7164132/videos

Anyway we will try and release the latest firmware this week. We just need totidy up the instructions and make sure it is easy for people to understand.

With the new firmware there are two less cables required on the wiring harness,you do not need grease, felt washers or anything like that and you do not needthe H loom - it works with a single power supply.

The videos have not been altered in any way, so on the AV130 video please skipthe first minute we had a couple for false starts. It also looks like we are getting a littlerolling shutter, we think it is from the F550 it is stock standard. We will investigate and see what it is - itcould be that the tilt gains are a little high.

I must say wehad fun making these videos the pan stabilization is working quite well. The camera gimbals used are stock standardAV200 and AV130 with 360 kits and the Skyline hard ware has not been changed sothere should be no problem upgrading firmware.

We still have afew things to improve on; but we are making progress. We would really like to thank all those whohave stuck by and tried to help and I hope that these videos can demonstrate weare on the right track.

Thank you –Kimberley Attwell

Blacksails

Well done Kim.

You admitted the skyline was flawed and released too early, but have/are doing your very best to fix the mistakes you made and make your customers happy. I'm glad I have stuck with the skyline and commend your dedication to fixing the issues.

Good work Kimberley,

Is this new firmware next week the PWM based one, or the original variable voltage one?

If its the latter, do you still plan on an implementation of the PWM based firmware, and do we then have to reinstall our pots again, or will it remain a potless system.

Cheers

matt

Just a quickupdate to say we are finally making some progress. You saw the video weuploaded on Friday with very little wind. Today we did some more testing andmade a few changes. We are just uploading a couple more videos from today; onewith the AV130 on a DJI F550 and the other is on a SJ8 with DJI WK-M and theAV200. I am hanging out to test the Skyline on a machine with an MK controller- the WK-M on a big machine is not so smooth.

Anyway we will try and release the latest firmware this week. We just need totidy up the instructions and make sure it is easy for people to understand.

With the new firmware there are two less cables required on the wiring harness,you do not need grease, felt washers or anything like that and you do not needthe H loom - it works with a single power supply.

The videos have not been altered in any way, so on the AV130 video please skipthe first minute we had a couple for false starts. It also looks like we are getting a littlerolling shutter, we think it is from the F550 it is stock standard. We will investigate and see what it is - itcould be that the tilt gains are a little high.

I must say wehad fun making these videos the pan stabilization is working quite well. The camera gimbals used are stock standardAV200 and AV130 with 360 kits and the Skyline hard ware has not been changed sothere should be no problem upgrading firmware.

We still have afew things to improve on; but we are making progress. We would really like to thank all those whohave stuck by and tried to help and I hope that these videos can demonstrate weare on the right track.

Great!!!! Looking forward to fly with the new firmware. Hopefully all bad tendencies are got rid of!

Kimberley,

Just watched the Golf Course video and within seconds I could see you guys have cracked it. GREAT.

Looks like the camera tray has slop or the cam is loose in the mount, but that vibration is not in the software.

It was also awesome to hear no servo noise at all just before TKOF. In fact, I could hear the birds in the background.

Also good to see there's a little wind you had to deal with, so overall, it's a video I'd be proud of showing as its clear that there's some rock solid stabilization happening there.

I saw a tiny bit of horizon drift, so it would be good to see some panning in forward flight to see what happens in practice.

pan seemed so good I only noticed the manual adjustments.
EDIT: maybe I was wrong. Pan stab may not have been activated at all. Just small amounts of yaw in flight.

Again, congrats, this is really good news for those of us that have been waiting.

Cheers

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:

SamaraMedia

Guys, looks like you're making some good progress. Looking forward to the fireware update and getting my F550 up and flying soon with motor mods and a bigger camera than the GoPro Hero2 I'm currently using now. I'll be watching. Thanks for the hard work at resolving this issue.

John
samaramedia.com

Thomb

av130, i think my skyline just is corrupt or something. When you guys move the tilt or roll do the numbers change quick in the tab monitor in software or do they add up slowly?

when i move the camera tray to an angle the number is still changing 10 seconds after that, and not directly.

nicwilke

av130, i think my skyline just is corrupt or something. When you guys move the tilt or roll do the numbers change quick in the tab monitor in software or do they add up slowly?

when i move the camera tray to an angle the number is still changing 10 seconds after that, and not directly.

What FW?

CineRebel

hmmmm seems like we are al getting excited on one or two videos again showed by PH and forgetting the fact that most of us who are doing AP work professionally have been grounded for at least 2 months now! I believe it when I see it with my own eyes!

my advise to kimberly would be "please make sure that everything is working before even announcing it! and I rather pay 5 times more for a working unit than something that doesnt work!" In the past month we had to pass at least 4 jobs to our competitors because of this.

next time somebody is announcing anything I will think twice before getting al excited!