Photohigher skyline rsgs

nicwilke

Yeah, it'll be functional I reckon. This is just a test. I think they are releasing an all in one software system shortly. Keep ya shirt on. ;)

I must admit i'm a bit disappointed to learn that PH is abandoning the pot control in favour of the std pwm, skipping the servo response curves was a definite plus IMO but i'll wait for the update and judge by myself hoping i'm wrong.
Nickville: i guess a positive side note about the pwm control is that we'll get fewer cables connecting to the Skyline, is that correct?

nicwilke

I must admit i'm a bit disappointed to learn that PH is abandoning the pot control in favour of the std pwm, skipping the servo response curves was a definite plus IMO but i'll wait for the update and judge by myself hoping i'm wrong.
Nickville: i guess a positive side note about the pwm control is that we'll get fewer cables connecting to the Skyline, is that correct?

I'm sure the duty cycle of pwm is adequate for this style of gimbal & servos (gear slop), but the Skyline will use the pot response for the brushless micro stepper motor upgrade and the hero gimbal. Currently, the AV130 is using less cables yes. :thumbup:
I'm sitting here playing with this on the kitchen table wishing it wasn't dark. I'm excited because the gimbal is quicker and smoother than I need now. I think that the Skyline will please most.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Great news then! Can't wait to update the signature with the date of the next fw release.
Unless..someone wishes to send it out and have another tester: right now it's plenty of light (and sun) here in North east Italy :nevreness:

I'm sitting here playing with this on the kitchen table wishing it wasn't dark. I'm excited because the gimbal is quicker and smoother than I need now. I think that the Skyline will please most.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

cropter

Hi PhotoHigher,

did you also work on the issue that roll will no be stable when flying sideways or yawing the copter ?

Regards
cropter

SamaraMedia

In response to an earlier post about mmalik4. Damn! I just bought a Skyline RSGS board from him that I found on the RCGroups.com forum. Hope it works. Looks like he swapped the black and red wire positions on one of the extension cables.

Last edited by a moderator:

nicwilke

In response to an earlier post about mmalik4. Damn! I just bought a Skyline RSGS board from him that I found on the RCGroups.com forum. Hope it works. Looks like he swapped the black and red wire positions on one of the extension cables.

I'd suggest looking over it. It's a good little device with FW 1.2.0 but theres a few little tricks that need setting up. Try to get the harness wired up as it was originally.

SamaraMedia

nicwilke - thanks, I just started to make the servo and electrical connections and have called it quits for the night. Just a couple of questions. I'm going to be using this with an AV130 and landing gear from Aerial Media Pros. It seems like there is a lot of messy wiring with this setup on the 130 since the RSGS is on the opposite side of the gimbal compared to the 200 series.
Question #1 - RX. Do I need to use a separate rx for the RSGS or can I plug it into the NAZA on my DJI F550. This will be a solo pilot setup so having to run a separate rx for the gimbal is not high on my list but doable since I have a second TX/RX. I would like to be able to use my main tx so I can control the tilt axis from the knob on my DX7s.
Question #2 - power. It sounds like you want to run separate power to the unit rather than the main flight batteries and from what I've been reading you DO NOT want to go more than 6.5v. I guess that means I can't run it off the NAZA control like I have before adding the RSGS unit.

Thanks,

John

nicwilke

nicwilke - thanks, I just started to make the servo and electrical connections and have called it quits for the night. Just a couple of questions. I'm going to be using this with an AV130 and landing gear from Aerial Media Pros. It seems like there is a lot of messy wiring with this setup on the 130 since the RSGS is on the opposite side of the gimbal compared to the 200 series.
Question #1 - RX. Do I need to use a separate rx for the RSGS or can I plug it into the NAZA on my DJI F550. This will be a solo pilot setup so having to run a separate rx for the gimbal is not high on my list but doable since I have a second TX/RX. I would like to be able to use my main tx so I can control the tilt axis from the knob on my DX7s.
Question #2 - power. It sounds like you want to run separate power to the unit rather than the main flight batteries and from what I've been reading you DO NOT want to go more than 6.5v. I guess that means I can't run it off the NAZA control like I have before adding the RSGS unit.

Thanks,

John

G'day John,
I have the AV130, and I run the tilt from the Rx direct. No need to sent from the NAZA. Like you said, use the knobs channel on the Rx direct to the tilt input on the RSGS. Due to these servos drawing some decent Amps, I'd suggest getting a 6v uBEC or use a 7.5v battery (that's what I'm using) and power the servos and the skyline from that. Reason for using a dedicated power source (uBEC from the main battery or seperate battery) is it will not draw too much power from your FC or Rx causing a brownout.

schnied

Nicwilke and chrishornby,
So what have you exactly done? Just put two 2.5k resistors on the outer lines and connected them each other? Or do you have a new firmware? Or both?
What to do to get a good result?
Kind regards
Schnied

nicwilke

There is a beta FW, 1.2.0. The FW remaps the Roll servo over to the Pan cable. Pan function (for the moment) is going to be reintroduced shortly. This is not a test for final setup, merely a test to see if things are working. The resistors plug into the pot ports of the servos. Dont try it unless you have been given FW 1.2.0 with instructions. Its not being handed out as its not final. A few people are trialing it to see what else needs to be done. It can damage your skyline, servos and gimbal parts if not setup correctly so hang in there a while longer for confirmation that 'all round' this is working. I'm very confident that its going well. Standbye.

Hi,

Kimberley has posted a new video of the futur firmware to be released (1.2.2)

No more Jitter, pan stabilisation is there and effective :)

It's seems pretty good don't you think ?

meme

YEAH! That looks great!
I'll unbox the RSGS now :)

-meme

Hi,

Kimberley has posted a new video of the futur firmware to be released (1.2.2)

No more Jitter, pan stabilisation is there and effective :)

It's seems pretty good don't you think ?