Photohigher skyline rsgs

thijmen5

I think I'm selling the skyline. Bored of waiting and test without any effort. Do they accept a total refund? Think I'm going for a hoverflyGimbal board.

I just took a gander at Cedric's database. Someone says he is using 1.1.8.
ANy new on that or is it a typo? I am still on 1.1.6, havnt been tempted by 1.1.7 yet

DennyR

Before they released this batch of Skylines they said they were having trouble with the casting of resin around the board. Was that problem ever fixed or did they just send out the faulty ones with the so called good ones. As quality control does not exist at PH who knows what we have.

thijmen5

I've seen far better vid's from users and especially better than the skyline's video's. Are more people out there having hoverfly and skyline?

class action

I've grown tired of trying to get the Skyline issue resolved with PhotoHigher, to make a point I'm going to certify a class and file against them.

PM me if you would like to be included.

DennyR

Well said Andrew I will be one to support any action. Not just against the Skyline but the AV 130 as well. It is not of merchantable quality and not fit for purpose.

Get a refund, buy something else and stop being a tool!

This is a hobby and people like you two wreck it's spirit. These guys are doing their best after having released the product too soon and now trying to satisfy everyone's problems. If they hadn't released it yet, it would probably be you and Denny whinging about them too.

Grow up. Just let them fix it.

matt

I've grown tired of trying to get the Skyline issue resolved with PhotoHigher, to make a point I'm going to certify a class and file against them.

PM me if you would like to be included.

nicwilke

Get a refund, buy something else and stop being a tool!

This is a hobby and people like you two wreck it's spirit. These guys are doing their best after having released the product too soon and now trying to satisfy everyone's problems. If they hadn't released it yet, it would probably be you and Denny whinging about them too.

Grow up. Just let them fix it.

matt

Matt, totally agree with you. They have been vocal in their commitment to fixing this. My AV130 is beautifuly engineered, So dont know what you mean Denny???
I'm back on the original wiring and beta 1.1.8 and they are making good headway. If people want to waste thousands to take class action for a device that's working OK, then go waste that money on another product, like the overpriced Radian or ZenMuse.
Everyone chill out, I'm sure we'll have a fix soon enough.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

WayneMann

I have to agree with Matt also. I am using one Skyline for each axis with 1.13 and they are working great. I am using one battery that is powering two regulators and each regulator is powering its own Skyline. Is this system perfect, of course not, but it works extremely well. I have not tested the Radian yet and the ZenMuse while impressive is not an option as it only plays nice with toy cameras.

Wayne Mann

I have to agree with Matt also. I am using one Skyline for each axis with 1.13 and they are working great. I am using one battery that is powering two regulators and each regulator is powering its own Skyline. Is this system perfect, of course not, but it works extremely well. I have not tested the Radian yet and the ZenMuse while impressive is not an option as it only plays nice with toy cameras.

Wayne Mann
That's very interesting. Are you on an AV130? How did you mount them?

DennyR

Matt, totally agree with you. They have been vocal in their commitment to fixing this. My AV130 is beautifuly engineered, So dont know what you mean Denny???
I'm back on the original wiring and beta 1.1.8 and they are making good headway. If people want to waste thousands to take class action for a device that's working OK, then go waste that money on another product, like the overpriced Radian or ZenMuse.
Everyone chill out, I'm sure we'll have a fix soon enough.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Well your idea of well engineered is pathetic. The roll gear wheel is out of concentricity by about .030" the roll axis cannot be balanced. The roll axis cage flops back and forth about 1/8". All cables etc. have to be hung all over the place with no provision for any mass balanced installation for downlink etc. It is a typical modeling piece of crap that would never happen in the pro. industry. If you cant tell the difference between that and a Zenmuse then there is no hope for you. DJI is light years away in technology and is amazing value for money but as you clearly have no idea what you are doing then I expect you will be happy with your head in the sand in your own environment.
And for those who think Zenmuse will only ever support Toy cameras you also have your head in the sand. They only introduced it in this form because the average wannabe would be far better off starting this way. They go out of their way to try and stop you screwing up. I don't expect for one moment that you even know how to operate a cinematic camera even if someone was daft enough to ask you to use one.

The Toys by the way - Nex-7 for example are quite capable of delivering top quality broadcast quality footage that goes out at 720HD if used in the correct way. As I have just proved with the UN Buffer Zone production which goes out internationally next week.

Ill be quite happy to shut up when I get back my 1500 euros that I sank into this when I read the advert. It is criminally misleading. And I will fund what ever it takes to bring those individuals to their knees.

Last edited by a moderator:

nicwilke

Well your idea of well engineered is pathetic. The roll gear wheel is out of concentricity by about .030" the roll axis cannot be balanced. The roll axis cage flops back and forth about 1/8". All cables etc. have to be hung all over the place with no provision for any mass balanced installation for downlink etc. It is a typical modeling piece of crap that would never happen in the pro. industry. If you cant tell the difference between that and a Zenmuse then there is no hope for you. DJI is light years away in technology and is amazing value for money but as you clearly have no idea what you are doing then I expect you will be happy with your head in the sand in your own environment.
And for those who think Zenmuse will only ever support Toy cameras you also have your head in the sand. They only introduced it in this form because the average wannabe would be far better off starting this way. They go out of their way to try and stop you screwing up. I don't expect for one moment that you even know how to operate a cinematic camera even if someone was daft enough to ask you to use one.

The Toys by the way - Nex-7 for example are quite capable of delivering top quality broadcast quality footage that goes out at 720HD if used in the correct way. As I have just proved with the UN Buffer Zone production which goes out internationally next week.

Ill be quite happy to shut up when I get back my 1500 euros that I sank into this when I read the advert. It is criminally misleading. And I will fund what ever it takes to bring those individuals to their knees.

I have never said I don't know the difference between the zenmuse and the AV130. Don't bend my words to suit your cause please Denny.

BTW, thanks for letting me know the NEX-7 is suitable for broadcast, what are we talking, 4:2:2?

nicwilke

For the record, gopro footage is 'suitable' for broadcast... anything conformed standards will go to air these days, but like many here, were not trying to get $4500 of performance from a $1200 product. Compare apples with apples eh?

DennyR

Why not keep it simple and compare value for money. One product has no value whatsoever and is not fit for the advertised purpose of Rock Steady Gimbal Stabilization, the other one works...
If it goes to court they will loose, it is that simple. Even if they make it work next week it will make no difference to the outcome. What they supplied was not of merchantable quality. It was not rectified within a reasonable time.
I want my money back and they don't answer so lets see how they deal with a court order. They can hide in China but not in NZ.

nicwilke

Why not keep it simple and compare value for money. One product has no value whatsoever and is not fit for the advertised purpose of Rock Steady Gimbal Stabilization, the other one works...
If it goes to court they will loose, it is that simple. Even if they make it work next week it will make no difference to the outcome. What they supplied was not of merchantable quality. It was not rectified within a reasonable time.
I want my money back and they don't answer so lets see how they deal with a court order. They can hide in China but not in NZ.

The heavy weights in the industry in aerial photography (RedBull, National Geographic, Disney, BBC etc...) would disagree with you. They all use these products. Yes the jitters are giving us all a PITA, but they are fixing it. DennyR, you are obviously intelligent and talented at what you do... Why are you being so silly with this? This wont go to court, why would anyone risk the tens of thousands of dollars to get their $300 back? C'mon, start to tone it down a bit and go have a scotch or something to calm your nerves.

This is a sample of whats to come, and Im bloody excited....