Photohigher skyline rsgs

ZAxis

Talking of Segways and stabilized camera platforms, did anyone notice the Segways scooting around at the Olympic opening ceremony? They had a steadycam cameraman onboard and modified control gear so that they could operate both without tilting their body in the normal Segway fashion, just tilt the camera. So Segway/Silicon Sensing must be up for modified systems.
Link ..

andy

Last edited by a moderator:

After reading the comments I have finally upgraded to 1.1.6.
First of all I am not a professional so my needs are not as stringent and i would be happy with something I could stabilise in post.
I dont think we are there yet, and I dont know how much longer I can persist, before I reattach my pots and use something else.
Just so as we are singing from the same sheet, the attached video shows what I am getting and I would be happy to hear from anyone who is getting better results. I attached a laser level to the camera (550d on a AV200) and recorded the results. During the video I varied the gain from 150 to 300. Reducing it below 250 did not make any difference to the jitter but degraded the response. Disconnecting one or the other of the servos stopped the jitter.

Yes the H loom is used with separate power supplies for the skyline. the servos and that main controller (DJI WKM)
Perhaps I should give the measurements. The rule is calibrated in inches and is 1metre away from the lens so the jitter is only a few millimetres at that distance, but enough to destabilise the video as you can see. In addiion to the jitter you will see that there is creep but this goes up as well as down in a longer frequency period so cannot be neutralised in tx trim.

Macsgrafs

I can but only imagine how upsetting & frustrating this is to the owners of PH's new stab system. I was praying it would have been cured with the latest firmware release....I have full permission from her indoors to buy a AV200+RSGS...but how much longer can I wait? I have looked at a few other systems & like what I see...but after watching that 1st ever video from PH showing thier new RSGS in operation, well they convinced me it was the way to go.
I feel sorry for Kimberley...he's trying hard to put things right of that I'm sure (it's called good business sense to not piss off your current or especially any potential new customers).
Thier system was designed for thier gimbal...simples! I know a few of you are using thier gimbal & still having problems, but I would still like to see peoples filming results. Trust me they will be better than what I currently achieve ;)

Ross

Macsgrafs

After reading the comments I have finally upgraded to 1.1.6.
First of all I am not a professional so my needs are not as stringent and i would be happy with something I could stabilise in post.
I dont think we are there yet, and I dont know how much longer I can persist, before I reattach my pots and use something else.
Just so as we are singing from the same sheet, the attached video shows what I am getting and I would be happy to hear from anyone who is getting better results. I attached a laser level to the camera (550d on a AV200) and recorded the results. During the video I varied the gain from 150 to 300. Reducing it below 250 did not make any difference to the jitter but degraded the response. Disconnecting one or the other of the servos stopped the jitter.

Great idea Chris, like it. Please don't take this the wrong way, it's only a reminder in case you forgot...but is your camera balanced on that gimbal? Seems slightly nose heavy, but that could just be me seeing something that isn't really there? It's just that when you cut the power it went nose down & rather quickly, but that could be a servo thing ;)

Ross

DJIFlyer

With 1.1.6 I still have distinctive ROLL movement on YAW (pan): I have updated to 1.1.6 which I believe is the latest but I clearly have this issue. When I yaw one way the camera rolls the other and vice versa. This means that as I use YAW to pan the horizon (I have a 2 axis AV200) is at an angle until I come to a stop, then the horizon levels again. This is unusable with this effect. Do any of you have this problem? Do you think that there are any settings in the software that might help to minimize or eliminate this? I have not heard much mention of this with all that I have read so far but I also know that I am not alone with this issue and it was stated by PH as having been fixed in this 1.1.6 FW update which I have confirmed that I am in fact running with their new software as well. Man, if it isn't one thing its another. Any ideas on this?

It's just that when you cut the power it went nose down & rather quickly, but that could be a servo thing ;)

Ross
It is balanced, I did it carefully with the belt off and marked the camera position. I pushed the stick before I turned the servosoff in the SW. I just checked again, it doesnt normally do that. I might try another "film" with no camera on tray and with a heavier camera as well...

DennyR

Talking of Segways and stabilized camera platforms, did anyone notice the Segways scooting around at the Olympic opening ceremony? They had a steadycam cameraman onboard and modified control gear so that they could operate both without tilting their body in the normal Segway fashion, just tilt the camera. So Segway/Silicon Sensing must be up for modified systems.
Link ..

andy

You steer it with your knees it's a German conversion.

Macsgrafs

It is balanced, I did it carefully with the belt off and marked the camera position. I pushed the stick before I turned the servosoff in the SW. I just checked again, it doesnt normally do that. I might try another "film" with no camera on tray and with a heavier camera as well...

Will be interesting to see your new film results Chris.

Ross

PairAir

Just posted a video on the kind of "jitter" I have. Is anyone else seeing this? Here I have the Skyline powered by a variable ps at 5V. No BEC, nothing else powered up, so there should be nothing interfering.
It's very "cyclic". Jitter on roll, followed by jitter on tilt, every 5 seconds or so.

Servos are modded MKS BLS950.... just realized there's "Cyclic" printed on them :livid:
http://youtu.be/Or7Ka2Ikwzk
/Pär

DJIFlyer

Just posted a video on the kind of "jitter" I have. Is anyone else seeing this? Here I have the Skyline powered by a variable ps at 5V. No BEC, nothing else powered up, so there should be nothing interfering.
It's very "cyclic". Jitter on roll, followed by jitter on tilt, every 5 seconds or so.

Servos are modded MKS BLS950.... just realized there's "Cyclic" printed on them :livid:
http://youtu.be/Or7Ka2Ikwzk
/Pär

PairAir: I am getting the same sort of jitter and they are cyclic as yours are. I get them even when testing on the ground with no motors. I also get that roll movement on pan or yaw that they claim to have fixed. Have you check to see it you are getting it? If I hold the multi up to eye level and simply yaw it from lef to right I can see the roll mechanism move in the opposite direction. Just to be sure that I was not inducing this myself I set the hexa up on a platform that swivels with a bearing in the center and the same thing happens. It make the horizon dip in opposite directions when I pan a landscape and makes the video unusable. We have all be so focused on jitters but to me this is just as big of an issue and I would suggest that people check for it.

I have a shoot coming up on Saturday, confused what to do. To use or not to use the skyline?
Till the time they come out with a good firmware What the alternative for gimbal stabilization? No I dont want to use the aceone gimbal stabilization as I definitely need pan. Is there any way we could use three 401s on all the three axis and have a make shift arrangement?