Photohigher skyline rsgs

nicwilke

Why do people still do this. Who wants to sit there and watch the ground waiting for the eventual lift off when it is so easy to edit that part out.

It is till jumping about and not acceptable anyway. I thought that Tabb had an imu for his gimbal that was working OK? The Cinestar gimbal is light years better than the PH so it should be a lot better than this.

Why do people do what you just did? Bag people for their efforts? C'mon buddy, put the manners back in.

DennyR

The best stand alone imu that I have seen is the ARDUimu V-3 but it is not yet a plug and play device. you can find it at DIYDrones but unless you fully understand the manual don't buy it. It utilizes the Invensense MPU-6000 (DMP) This a 9 degree of freedom device that has its own built in sensor fusion processor (Digital Motion Processor). The licence has now been granted for open source projects to use this. It has selectable FSR for high and lower sensitivities but it does have the theoretical resolution of .005 degrees. There is still some work to be done on this project but it is going to be the best IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you all for the feedback and comments, we do take them seriously and we are working to improve the Skyline as best we can.
With the new firmware there are a couple of things we have fixed one was to remove some of the complicated software gains and we have introduced an auto tune function to make this easier.

We have also tried to improve the jitter issue. In some cases it seems that people are getting some reasonable footage. It is by no means as good as the Zemuse and unlikely to ever be as good as the Zemuse especially when using RC servos.
We are not quite sure what is causing the jitter especially as there are such varied results. We think it is something to do with the servo dead band and the difference in dead band with in the same batch of servo. Not to mention the different dead bands in different makes and models of servos. This is a different jitter to the jitter solved by splitting the power

From all the feedback it is looking more likely that the problem is a dead band issue; so to fix this problem of different dead bands we are working on software that will auto detect the dead band of the servo in use and then tune it out. We think this is why some gimbals seem to work well while others have the jitter problem even though they all have the same servos in them.

We will give you an update at the end of the week and let you know how we are getting on..

Thank you
Kimberley Attwell
PhotoHigher

Aviator

Thank you all for the feedback and comments, we do take them seriously and we are working to improve the Skyline as best we can.
With the new firmware there are a couple of things we have fixed one was to remove some of the complicated software gains and we have introduced an auto tune function to make this easier.

We have also tried to improve the jitter issue. In some cases it seems that people are getting some reasonable footage. It is by no means as good as the Zemuse and unlikely to ever be as good as the Zemuse especially when using RC servos.
We are not quite sure what is causing the jitter especially as there are such varied results. We think it is something to do with the servo dead band and the difference in dead band with in the same batch of servo. Not to mention the different dead bands in different makes and models of servos. This is a different jitter to the jitter solved by splitting the power

From all the feedback it is looking more likely that the problem is a dead band issue; so to fix this problem of different dead bands we are working on software that will auto detect the dead band of the servo in use and then tune it out. We think this is why some gimbals seem to work well while others have the jitter problem even though they all have the same servos in them.

We will give you an update at the end of the week and let you know how we are getting on..

Thank you
PhotoHigher
Well that makes sense to me? even if you put something in the software so that people can adjust the deadband themselves? The auto tune really doesnt do my mount any good.. It overshoots the mechanical limits causing the servos to stall thats with limits of 180 degrees tilt and roll! but it is not a PH mount?

DennyR

My apologies, but if nobody says it, it will go on and it is so simple to fix. We want to praise people for their effort when it's good, informative and helps others. If you have enough skill to post the video then surely you can also remove what nobody wants to see.

nicwilke

My apologies, but if nobody says it, it will go on and it is so simple to fix. We want to praise people for their effort when it's good, informative and helps others. If you have enough skill to post the video then surely you can also remove what nobody wants to see.

My apologies also, I came across a little harsh, sorry. :eek:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I have to agree with Denny, that this is a waste of virtual space and my hotel's limited bandwidth. It more or less shows you have no pride in what you post.

But there are a lot of frustrated people on here right now and it is expected to see some heat on here. I too am now forced to make a decision on wether to wait or just try and sell everything I have to rebuild something that I know works. It's a tough call especially when you want the business to succeed that you purchased from.

Well that makes sense to me? even if you put something in the software so that people can adjust the deadband themselves? The auto tune really doesnt do my mount any good.. It overshoots the mechanical limits causing the servos to stall thats with limits of 180 degrees tilt and roll! but it is not a PH mount?

Hi Aviator,

as already said, the Skyline has been designed for AV130 and Av200. There is no support for other gimbals.
The autune function calibrate the gimbal but reaching the limits of the AV130/AV200. if your gimbals have lower angles limits, yes you will have a problem.

Titusx

as already said, the Skyline has been designed for AV130 and Av200. There is no support for other gimbals.
The autune function calibrate the gimbal but reaching the limits of the AV130/AV200. if your gimbals have lower angles limits, yes you will have a problem.

This is what PH web says:
"Please note the Skyline RSGS is designed for stabilising camera gimbals mainly the AV200 and AV130 camera gimbals. It will work with other gimbals however as we have not tested this gyro with every gimbal out there we can not garantee how well it will work."

It says mainly... not only. They do not garantee that it will work well, but they do have to offer support.

Also this was posted past week, if he bought it before, this comment was not on the web.

Hi Titusx, you can read it like this but what I see is: "we can not garantee how well it will work".

It has been annouced very early that that the Skyline will be designed for AV130/AV200. before it was available for purchase if I'm not wrong.

edit:
I posted it on this board:

this one :
http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...her-skyline-rsgs&p=39023&viewfull=1#post39023
I say that the skyline won't be compatible with cinestar (in fact it is because I wasn't aware of the reverse function in the software)

and this one where I wrote exactly
- The skyline is officially fully compatible with AV130/200 but no spupport will be done for other gimbals. Perhaps later.
http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...her-skyline-rsgs&p=40235&viewfull=1#post40235

I'm sorry you have been confused. You should ask your reseller to take it back :/

Titusx

Yes, you are right.
But what I mean is that they do not close the door to use it on another gimbals, and for that I understand that they have to offer support.

Aviator

Hi Titusx, you can read it like this but what I see is: "we can not garantee how well it will work".

It has been annouced very early that that the Skyline will be designed for AV130/AV200. before it was available for purchase if I'm not wrong.

edit:
I posted it on this board:

this one :
http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...her-skyline-rsgs&p=39023&viewfull=1#post39023
I say that the skyline won't be compatible with cinestar (in fact it is because I wasn't aware of the reverse function in the software)

and this one where I wrote exactly

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...her-skyline-rsgs&p=40235&viewfull=1#post40235

I'm sorry you have been confused. You should ask your reseller to take it back :/
It makes no difference either way? if it doesn`t work, then it doesn`t work? The product must be supported as a standalone product, which is the way it is sold? As long as I use it for its intended purpose? And it is not the gimbal I want the support for it is the product.. Perhaps you are confused?

Hi Aviator, I was answering the particular question of Titusx where he ask :"perhaps it's my gimbal ?"

No concerning hat you say you are right. I have already proposed to my customer that want to return the product to refund them.
Some of them trust the capacity of the product and want to wait, other no.
I think you should contact your reseller to be refunded if you want to.

I know it's a very difficult situation you are in, your job is depending of your aircraft capability to shot good video to live, like plenty of other users. Photohigher is plenty conscious of the situation and they are working very hard to solve the problem. My point of view is that the skyline is a very potential product, placing the gyros on the axis to stabilize is, in my point of view, the best way to do. I hope, like many of you, that Photohigher will find the problem and solve it as soon as possible.

Aviator

Hi Aviator, I was answering the particular question of Titusx where he ask :"perhaps it's my gimbal ?"

No concerning hat you say you are right. I have already proposed to my customer that want to return the product to refund them.
Some of them trust the capacity of the product and want to wait, other no.
I think you should contact your reseller to be refunded if you want to.

I know it's a very difficult situation you are in, your job is depending of your aircraft capability to shot good video to live, like plenty of other users. Photohigher is plenty conscious of the situation and they are working very hard to solve the problem. My point of view is that the skyline is a very potential product, placing the gyros on the axis to stabilize is, in my point of view, the best way to do. I hope, like many of you, that Photohigher will find the problem and solve it as soon as possible.
Well I was going to wait until the next firmware update that includes the servo deadband coding? which should in effect solve issues with any mount? as it is only driving servos regardless of what they are attached to? If the problem is not solved at that point.. I will expect a refund, although I am not sure many resellers would give a refund unless PH were to compensate them? there is a storm brewing, so hopefully it gets sorted soon before it hits..

Well I was going to wait until the next firmware update that includes the servo deadband coding? which should in effect solve issues with any mount? as it is only driving servos regardless of what they are attached to? If the problem is not solved at that point.. I will expect a refund, although I am not sure many resellers would give a refund unless PH were to compensate them? there is a storm brewing, so hopefully it gets sorted soon before it hits..

This is very nice of 1001 copters ( Photohigher ) to refund the money if the product does not work and it is fair !
I will also wait for a few weeks and if it still does not work I will send it to 1001 copters for refund !

I'm not Photohigher ^^
I'm just a reseller that in involved in this new product :)
I strongly believe that this kind of stabilization system can be one of the best available. It just need some tweaking. I really understand users thats are very disapointed by the skyline because it has been sold as a fully functionnal product. Photohigher's goodwill can't be underestimated, I know they are working very hard to solve the problems but I also understand customer that would want a refund.

nicwilke

Thanks for the update Kimberly. I'm sure this will turn out to be a rocky climb to the top of Mount Ruapehu with nothing but a great view, and not like 25 September 2007. :D

jes1111

Bagging? This is a forum - a public place for the open disclosure and discussion of thoughts, ideas, issues, grievances and gripes. As such - one of the key tools (historically) in the exercise of democracy. The modern internet variety of a forum vastly increases the power of consumers to voice their views on a particular subject or product and, by doing so, apply (and modulate) pressure on a vendor to address issues. The greater the clamour, the more acutely it will be heard. It's the democratic way :)

jes1111

The best stand alone imu that I have seen is the ARDUimu V-3 but it is not yet a plug and play device. you can find it at DIYDrones but unless you fully understand the manual don't buy it. It utilizes the Invensense MPU-6000 (DMP) This a 9 degree of freedom device that has its own built in sensor fusion processor (Digital Motion Processor). The licence has now been granted for open source projects to use this. It has selectable FSR for high and lower sensitivities but it does have the theoretical resolution of .005 degrees. There is still some work to be done on this project but it is going to be the best IMHO.
FYI - the OpenPilot CC3D also uses the MPU-6000, as will the Revolution I believe. I'm pretty sure the alternative FSR is not implemented on the CC3D - not sure about Revo but for that one there's another (better) plan in the pipeline:)

DennyR

The 4 FSR settings can be accessed through the registry if the board uses all of the pin outs. What the DMP brings to the table is the extra space in the processor now that it does not need a separate AHARS fusion algorithm to be installed there. Fully scriptable camera controls etc. Object tracking and who knows what else. Lets hope OP get this one working soon. I wouldn't buy one from Dave but a third party yes.:tennis:

What really surprises me is how nobody ever approached Silicon Sensing to provide a redundancy solution like the one they did for Segway. This would have been the perfect application.