Photohigher skyline rsgs

All working fine now. One of the wires came loose at the same time I upgraded the firmware, so I was looking for the wrong thing. Sods law.
PH have now uploaded a full instruction sheet on their site so everything is perfect.
The new firmware and control software is excellent and I am VERY pleased with the performance of the Skyline.
I purchased my unit from UAVshop.co.uk and I believe he still has some units...

All working fine now. One of the wires came loose at the same time I upgraded the firmware, so I was looking for the wrong thing. Sods law.
PH have now uploaded a full instruction sheet on their site so everything is perfect.
The new firmware and control software is excellent and I am VERY pleased with the performance of the Skyline.
I purchased my unit from UAVshop.co.uk and I believe he still has some units...

Hi Chris,
How did you get yours working?
I've received mine but once it finishes powering up it just goes to full tilt and roll?

I've tried powering it both from the receiver and a BEC on the pan input.

Any ideas? I uploaded the new firmware to it but it was doing it both before and after that.

Cheers
Jesse

Don't worry, I sorted it out by reversing the servos in the RSGS software. I just had to do it before the RSGS finished it's startup procedure.

I am getting drift though over the course of a minute or two. What settings are you running for gain/velocity etc?

Cheers
Jesse

Right that is the way to do it. If you have a AV130 both servos have to be reversed. I dont know the combination for the AV200 but I know it is different.
Just flown a couple of times. The tilt gain is very critical. If I have mine set to more than 2 divisions off zero I get tray oscillation with my heavier camera (Canon 550d) With the gopro you can go much higher on the gain. The roll axis does not seem to be so critical.
To get the unit to behave predictably I have found you need to power the RSGS and the servos completely separate from the receiver, so cut the red wires on the servo leads from the receiver and power the RSGS and servos from a separate ubec via the pan input. I am using 5A 6V. I guess when you want to control Pan as well you would need to use a Y lead.
Those are my findings so far, but it all seems sweet.

sorry forgot to give you my settings for roll and tilt servo tune. Tilt 750, roll 826
Again these are very critical and you need to adjust them one unit at a time until you have no creep, or minimum creep. Then you can fine tune with the trim setting on your TX (or sub trim)

thanks a lot Chris for your sharing :)

About the creeping of the servo, is your 550D perfectly balanced on your gimbal ?
it's critical for a good compensation.

Thats the first thing I did, carefully balance the camera! Creep is not a problem, easily fixed with the servo tune parameters, and I found I also had to fine tune it with the trim on the tx

daniel

hi

got my skyline today and put it on my AV200,
roll working good, and tilt is good....
BUT, did anybody know how to activate the Pan servo?

In the manual, they are always using the Pan connector to power up the skyline gyro, or to connect to computer....

When i connect everything to the receiver, the only servo that works is the TILT, the roll and pan have no response....

But im worried more about the pan function, do we have to wait for another firmware so we can use the pan??

how do you program the pan axis, if thats the only way to connect to computer, thru the pan servo cable.....

i tried to connect to computer thru the roll or tilt connectors, so the software can recognize the pan servo....but the camera mount went crazy!!!

maybe is to soon to ask for help, or maybe the pan function is not available yet?

Hope we can use the pan, cause this is why i bought this gyro...to take a breake from picloc nightmare and have a 3 axis camera mount stabilization.

thanks!

Please Note!

You can only connect the software through the pan input.

The Skyline can be powered through the Rx you do not need to power it through the pan input

The pan stabilisation will be released in the near future we are just finalising the firmware and it will be possible to switch the roll and pan inputs so you can control the pan and connect it to the computer at the same time.

With regards to the problem of not being able to control the roll and pan servo through the Rx - we have just checked this and you are correct we will release a firmware fix by the end of the week along with a few other things we are working on. Stabilisation on the roll axes will still work. and if you use the pan you can connect it directly to the Rx for now.

Please note all firmware updatets instructions can be downloaded from our web site. It will also be good if you follow us on Twitter we can send out tweets letting you know when new firmware is available etc. As well as news and updates

Thank you,

daniel

thanks for all the info...

Looking forward to get the pan stabilization firmware.

good luck and thanks

daniel

daniel, did you have to reverse both servos for your AV200?

Also, from reading the manual, it seems that on every power up, we would need to ensure the camera tray is level (stick a spirit level there permanently) or have I understood this wrongly?

Going to install mine today.

daniel

HI

yes i reversed the tilt servo on the SKG software, but i havent try the camera mount/gyro in the air yet...

for now it looks good, no jitter, and smooth....
I want to see it in action!

thanks

daniel, did you have to reverse both servos for your AV200?

Also, from reading the manual, it seems that on every power up, we would need to ensure the camera tray is level (stick a spirit level there permanently) or have I understood this wrongly?

Going to install mine today.

Hi ,

I have made a tutorial video on how to mount the Skyline on an AV200.
Today (if weather is fine...) I will make some tests in flight with it.

I hope this time my video won't be copied and credits deleted by some other webshop...

Thank you very much for this excellent tutorial video, much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

alexoki

Hi,

Some fresh news about the skylines:

The parcell will be sent from new zealand to resellers on monday :)
As there have been lots of preorder, it's possible that some people will have to wait for the second batch.

Thanks for all the good info on the skyline and your updates via this thread, much appreciated. With regards to your post above, when will you notify those of us who have preordered and prepaid for our skylines if we will be receiving our unit in the first batch of skylines?

Hi Alexoki,
all the customers that have preordered their skyline in my webshop will receive their skyline.
I wil receive is on friday and it will be shipped on saturday.

I will send an email to my customers in a few hours with these news ( some of them on't follow this thread or my tweeter account ;) )

Hi,

two news today :)
- First, I have translated the user manual in french (ok, I don't think I will have so much success there :D)
- Second, I have set in place a google doc shared document for users to share their parameters for Skyline.

This google doc include your configuration (gimbal, modifications, servo, camera weight, machine weight) and all the parameters available for the skyline.

It's available here

I Hope this google doc will be usefull to the community ;)

Last edited by a moderator: