Camera mount servo jerks....

jamienz

Hey people, I am having some issues with servos on camera mounts and I can't figure out why. Basically, the servos are moving the camera very jerkily - especially under stabilization.

Originally I was sure this was a servo fault as both my tilt and roll servos were the Hyperions with a known fault for this. Recently I tried some other servos with a similar (although no where near as bad) results So far I have tried Hyperions, Ino-Lab and Hitec Digitals.

Originally I was using the NAZA gimbal outputs for stabilization, so tried the XA FC/AHRS as a standalone gimbal controller but this was just as bad. I have tried 2 different Naza controllers and they al jerk the servos around... also the jerks are there regardless of gains and end point adjustments etc

This is really annoying, and "stabilized" footage is MUCH worse than just fixing the gimbal and flying smoothly. Im at a loss here!

Any advice/help would be really appreciated.

jes1111

Can you post some video? "Jerks" is a loose description - not really possible to tell if it's a mechanical issue or a signal issue.

Bowley

I dont have very high expectations from FC's when it comes to gimbal stab on an MR. My hopes are pinned on the new Photohigher system.

Anyone using APM2 for gimbals?